AuthorTopic: Need help for character design  (Read 2554 times)

Offline Chloron

• View Profile

Need help for character design

on: February 16, 2016, 01:34:51 pm
Learning pixel art, trying out animations. Need help  ;D
P.S: I added some 35% transparency around the fireball spell thing, but the image host doesn't support it
P.P.S: I tried resizing also so it looks kinda bad. Original image (With transparency i hope): www.mediafire.com/view/651nn52tr5ah2yb/Hooman_Wanderer.gif it's 1175x1763, i love photoshop
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 01:42:36 pm by Chloron »

Offline Roach

• View Profile

Re: Need help for character design

Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 10:09:07 pm
Try not to make the sprite so big. It's easier to animate on a smaller scale. Never upsize your sprites  as well, just post them as they are, the website has a zoom tool by just clicking on the image. Work on your shading gradients, try to add a glow effect instead of transparent embers. To me fireballs should be flowing, glowing, or moving in some way. Yours just looks kind of like a floating ball of half melted cheese. Maybe add some more frames for a more fluid cloth flow. The fire embers in yours look kind of strange. I'm surprised the cloak isn't catching on fire.
Here's a quick take of mine on it.

Try using photobucket or imgur as an image host. But really you should try working in a smaller scale. A big mistake of most beginners is they make their sprites too big.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 10:17:14 pm by Roach »

Offline Chloron

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 08:36:14 am
Sorry for the 10 years long reply, i was busy doing... Things. Thank you so much for the feedback, i'll try drawing more pixel arts with lower resolution. Thank you so much!

Offline antonysze

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 09:25:25 pm
Try not to make the sprite so big. It's easier to animate on a smaller scale. Never upsize your sprites  as well, just post them as they are, the website has a zoom tool by just clicking on the image. Work on your shading gradients, try to add a glow effect instead of transparent embers. To me fireballs should be flowing, glowing, or moving in some way. Yours just looks kind of like a floating ball of half melted cheese. Maybe add some more frames for a more fluid cloth flow. The fire embers in yours look kind of strange. I'm surprised the cloak isn't catching on fire.
Here's a quick take of mine on it.

Try using photobucket or imgur as an image host. But really you should try working in a smaller scale. A big mistake of most beginners is they make their sprites too big.

wow, that's really good