AuthorTopic: Walking Animation  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Jicklus

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Walking Animation

on: January 26, 2016, 04:59:54 pm
Does anyone know if I could improve this in any way? It just seems a little off is all.

Offline DracoDragon42

• @DracoDragon42
    • View Profile

Re: Walking Animation

Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 06:01:20 pm
Well, if your walking, your scarf won't be horizontal behind you unless there's some serious wind. And if there is a lot of wind. He should be leaning forward to combat it. If there isn't any wind try making the scarf bounce up and down to show motion.

Offline bboykrillin

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 12:31:06 am
This is nice work Jicklus, I like the bounce in this guys step. With regards to a crit I have to agree with DracDragon, the scarf throws the balance of the piece off by blowing out at a right angle behind him while he is perfectly upright.

I'd suggest either changing him up so that he's leaning into the wind more (which means reworking every frame heavily) or ditching the scarf as it is from behind him and having it bounce up and down on his torso as a secondary animation to give him a little more life (the easier option in my opinion).

Just realised I've pretty much repeated Draco here verbatim!  :D

Offline Jicklus

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 08:24:01 pm
UPDATE: I've made some adjustments and I think it looks a bit better now :D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 08:26:39 pm by Jicklus »

Offline bboykrillin

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 09:57:27 am
Nicely done mate. He looks a whole lot more comfortable now. The only thing I can say is maybe have the scarf move back and forth a pixel or two to give it a little life during the loop?