AuthorTopic: Bow Firing Animation  (Read 2597 times)

Offline PixelMack

• View Profile

Bow Firing Animation

on: January 18, 2016, 07:59:41 am
So I'm quite new to this, i can code any game i want, just cant make the art for it.
So I'm starting to make my own art and this is what i got
I guessing people on here are allot better then me and any tips would be awesome.
What should i fix with this? and i don't know were to start with the running part of it :/ (find that the hardest)

Also i doubt that my gif was uploaded sooooo how do i do that :/
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 11:22:40 am by PixelMack »

Offline Grizzly

• View Profile

Re: Running/Bow Firering Animation Help

Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 09:00:08 am
Can't see your drawing

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: Bow Firing Animation

Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 12:14:15 pm
I think you need to search for some references, that doesn't seem like correct form to draw a bow. If I'm correct, the bow needs to go higher, so the arrow is more in line with the face and there needs to be chest expansion, as he draws the muscles in his back together (which I know is the correct way to store the muscle energy). Basically, think of it like he should be bringing his shoulder blades as much together as he can, causing his chest to stretch out. I also thinking you usually don't bend your legs in the way you represent it.

Offline bboykrillin

• View Profile

Re: Bow Firing Animation

Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 12:40:34 am
I love the style of art you've used for the archer. The design is really nice.

With regards to the animation the whole action of drawing the bow is off. The lead arm needs to come up to eye level first. Then arm that draws back the arrow is also at the same height. The elbow points upwards keeping the forearm level and then you draw back the arrow with your back muscles (As I understand it that's where the phrase "Put your back into it" comes from).

If my explanation is a little hard to follow (it's late and I should be in bed!) I found a handy youtube video that should provide lots of reference points. Hope that helps

Looking forward to seeing more!

Cheers