AuthorTopic: Comedy pixel / 8-bit animation  (Read 2201 times)

Offline minihoges

• View Profile

Comedy pixel / 8-bit animation

on: January 02, 2016, 06:11:33 am
Subscribe if you'd like to see more from me!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 10:40:29 pm by Crow »

Offline Roach

• View Profile

Re: Comedy pixel / 8-bit animation

Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 07:14:43 am
I think it needs a bit of work, especially during the car chase, you could have easily made it look like the wheels were turning by adding details to the rims of the tires or show the frames of the cars bobbing up and down for a more styilized look I don't understand why his parachute opens when he's already on the ground 20 seconds in? If its supposed to be because he fell into the bushes, you should add some frames to show that, because it looks as though he just teleports there rather than fall.  Also It's not true 8 bit.

Here's an edit I did to the car to make it look more lively (Pretty crude since I had to screen shot it out of the video and attempt to size it down.), and also make it look like you put more effort into it. Also the police light during the chase stopped during the chase, which either implies you were too lazy to change between the car's frames, or you just didn't realize it/ care. I dont see a reason as of why the police man would turn off his lights during the chase.

Also I'm just going to be completely honest here, and I'm sorry if this offends you, but I didn't really find it funny. It was silly, but it didn't make me even laugh or smile. (but hey maybe thats just me?) I think you should plan out a script more first, and come up with a better way of dealing a punch line. The only thing that came close to being funny was when they planted the explosives in the portable toilet. I think you need more things like this in your animations, things that go against normal human thought, and play on bizarre situations. As for the rest of it, It kind of didn't make sense to me, as things were all over the place, and your motion was minimal, kind of like something made with Go-animate or something. Also the music could be turned down, and you could do with more sound effects. The music really annoyed me during the whole thing, Which I get it, its a robbery and has a robbery theme, but when you just blair music over the whole thing, its kind of boring. Music is really good at setting moods, but sound effects are really useful for immersing people.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 07:35:38 am by Roach »

Offline minihoges

• View Profile

Re: Comedy pixel / 8-bit animation

Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 09:26:07 am
I appreciate your feedback! I'm really quite new to animating since this was my first bigger project. Yes, obviously there is a lot more places for improvement. Thanks again, your feedback will be used in the future