AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 133991 times)

Offline Nakuri

• _Nakuri_
    • View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #470 on: January 27, 2017, 10:23:09 pm
Good evening everyone!

I go by Nakuri and I'm coming from Germany. I'm an aspiring pixel-artist and also seek to find entrance into the games industry. I have been doing a little bit of pixelart for various projects, mainly games during the Global Game Jam. I'm coming to this forum mostly to seek critique and improve my skills. I'll post soonish in the respective Subforum.

Some of my work you can see on my profile on the Global Game Jam-Website: http://globalgamejam.org/users/nakurii

I'm looking forward to some discussions and talks.

Offline Zeurille

• View Profile

Reply #471 on: January 30, 2017, 02:05:35 pm
Hey! ;D
I'm Zeurille, you guys can call me Zeu or whichever nicknames you can create from that :)

I'm just getting into pixel art (less than a year in the medium) and after designing a bit of pixel art for our prototype game, I want to pursue the art style in depth. That's when I started searching for tutorials on how pixel art is created, the jargons that surround it, and how to tell whether it is pixel art or not.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot of stuff here, meet awesome artists and improve on my skills as time passes by.
And in the future, I hope I will be of help to other artists as well :>

I might post our prototype game assets here and ask for feedback on that ^_^

Nice to meet all of you!

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 02:09:52 pm by Zeurille »

Offline jcongerkallas1

• Freelance Animator, 3D Sculptor, Website Owner
    • View Profile
    • Animation Pagoda

Reply #472 on: February 01, 2017, 03:34:43 pm
Hi everyone.  I'm a freelance 3D animator and art enthusiast.  I also admin the WIP website http://www.animationpagoda.com/.

I never really properly learned how to draw in any of the schools I went to.  In college I made the mistake of majoring in a multimedia/3D animation program where the emphasis was on very technical software rather than covering any fundamental art skills like color theory or life drawing.  Despite taking enough art classes on the side to understand the essential theory and concepts, all my sketches still end up looking like scribbles, and it is really holding me back from doing what I love. 

This place seems to have a lot of good resources, so I'm hoping to work on learning more about pixel art.  I'd love to meet other artists and design character sprites for a game someday.

Offline Vanilliyan

• Vanilliyan
    • Vanilliyan
    • Vanilliyan
    • Vanilliyan
    • View Profile

Reply #473 on: February 09, 2017, 12:26:35 pm
Hello everyone,

I like to make sprites. I have little to no self-esteem, and I seem to be unhire-able. Tired of looking for work, I thought I should just focus on trying to get better at making things I like to do, such as 2D art and my favourite: Pixel-art.

Problem is, I'm really slow, always been, and really need help improving. Both quality and especially speed-wise, I need to up my game if I ever want to make to be a part of a team where I can sprite all day without being as slow as I am.

I hope I can be of any use to you. I like the concept of this site and would like to see this being a place I can visit often.

Offline blaster

• @pita_akm
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/46574.htm
    • silverdeluxe
    • View Profile

Reply #474 on: February 11, 2017, 11:33:04 am
Good evening!

My name is Pita. I've admired this community for what feels like over a decade. Actually, it might very well be over a decade. Thought it might be time to get my feet wet, my fingers in pies, and join in the fun.

Or get flash-backs of tortuous critique sessions during my art school days.

I live in Wellington, New Zealand. I'm currently teaching myself how to make games while continuing to practice pushing pixels in--I hope--a professional capacity.

Peace!

Offline AdjectiveAnimal

• View Profile

Reply #475 on: February 21, 2017, 05:14:01 am
Hello, I'm going by the alias AdjectiveAnimal here and I am excited to be joining this community of pixel artists. From what I've seen there is plenty of talent here and I would love to learn from you all.

Although I have played around with pixel art over the course of many years, I haven't gotten very serious about it until this year. My ultimate goal is to create 100% of the graphics for a game I'll be making with a few others. I will appreciate your honest opinions and advice so I can learn early in the process and then implement as I create more.

Thanks for reading!