AuthorTopic: [Rev-Share] Looking for somebody who can do some Super Art for a Super Project!  (Read 2240 times)

Offline NightKawata

• View Profile
Hi, I'm really "clever," I promise.
Anyways, bad puns and horrific sense of humor aside, if you're not sure who I am: My name's NightKawata (Kawatashima Takatsuke), and I probably make games. By that, I mean I've been doing this for whatever reason since 2009, so that's probably concerning.

The only things I've really gotten released consist of the Metanet Hunter series, and we're actually looking to start up the next entry in the series. A few things flopped after a year of devtime, and we really need someone committed and who wants to make something that not only feels alive, but something that's also fast-paced, blood-pumping, and full of your classic arcade goodness. I wouldn't classify it as another retro platformer (not looking for authentic 8-bit art, it'd be inaccurate because there's probably going to be a fair bit of animation in the game and I'm sure it'd probably kill an NES with what we're trying to accomplish at its fullest), but is there some aesthetic influence from arcade-style games? Oh, well hell yeah. But I'm not trying to make something strictly retro here, moreover something 2015-esque mixed with some blood-pumping gameplay.

The problem: We've got code (hi), and we've got music. However, we do not have an artist, so we're missing a core of Nekuzen Team.

So what kind of work are we looking for, here? Well, it's probably no more complex than a Mega Man game. There'll be 7 main stages (possibly free expansions in the future if it becomes any kind of popular), a Challenge Mode to test the players who really want some tough-as-nails action, and a bunch of Game Modes to enhance the experience. So yeah, like 7 stages, enemies, bosses, the player, etc. Probably not the most complex thing and if you're determined, I'm sure we can all get this out by the end of 2015 at the latest.

So what does a Metanet Hunter even look like, anyways?

http://nightkawata.itch.io/metanet-hunter-remix
http://nightkawata.itch.io/metanet-hunter-se

SE actually came out after Remix, and is a remake of the first game, to clarify things. But yeah, we're trying to make a third entry in the series, and I swear it'll have the same added visual feedback and much more just like SE did. SE's engine introduced things Remix couldn't do, and nowadays I've tweaked the engine to hell and back to allow me to do whatever we'd need to get in there. Giving Kinzo (the main character) a more Cyber-Ninja appearance or the like would most likely be appropriate in this game, as the Toaster-Head design is getting pretty old nowadays. If you want, feel free to update his Remix design (the most modern) and make him look good/alive, that's really your choice. If you want to be the third core of Nekuzen Team, you've got as much creative freedom as we do, anyways! For all I care, make him a Robot-Dog! (Disclaimer: Please don't)

Oh, and for you guys who want proof of progress, here were some proto shots. It doesn't show off EVERYTHING we can do with the engine (artist never really took advantage of it), but here you go!
And the reason I made those puns: The project's name was originally "Super Metanet Hunter." You're welcome! I no longer particularly care what the new name will end up being, but I'm sure SMH will probably still work. It's open to discussion:

I'm 100% sure those won't convince you. Not my best work.

Anyhoo! The new Metanet Hunter we're trying to make, I'd like to give it some expression, a proper narrative (considering the first two games were SUPPOSED to have that, but never got it), and a sense of humor. Have fun with the project! What good is a game going to be if it isn't both fun to make AND fun to play?

I already know I'm going to lose a ****ton of people because this next game's going to be a side-scroller. I'm sadly sure most of you are going to turn this proposition down and look for something else. But that means if you want to join, you get to be a more premium dude! Or gal! I wouldn't know at the moment, anyways. But look, I have no intention of canceling a project I'm committed to, and neither is the rest of Nekuzen Team. If you're determined, we are too. Yeah, okay: It's a side-scroller, but at least it'll end up looking as a nice portfolio addition.

If you want to be on board, hit me up: I'd be glad to have 'ya. I'm sure the two of us at Nekuzen Team right now would love to have you on deck. And for payment: I've really not got enough money to outright hire anybody for a wage (I'd love to, but I'm a college student and make **** money as it is), but when the project's out I can definitely guarantee you will get your fair share. Since there's 3 people, everybody makes 33%. That might not sound like much, but if it does go well, everybody makes a nice amount of outcome from it. All the more reason to make it better!

You can reach me via:

Skype (NightKawata)
Steam (night_kawata)
E-Mail (admin@nekuzenteam.org)
IRC (irc.esper.net: #nekuzen)

I hope you'll at least consider joining the Metanet Hunter 2015 project! You'll probably have fun; I'm probably fun. Maybe. I don't know, I'm pretty weird. (Also, how was my English? Not my native)

Hopefully see you soon!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 04:54:14 pm by NightKawata »