AuthorTopic: [C&C] BackpackerWalkCycle  (Read 2143 times)

Offline IrresponsibleFreelancer

• Risponstible
    • View Profile

[C&C] BackpackerWalkCycle

on: July 18, 2015, 04:20:41 am
I just finished this backpacker's walk cycle.  I would like to know if there is anything glaringly wrong with it that should be changed.  I myself am quite happy with it and dont see anything that needs changing.  Also are there certain places in the cycle where i should extend the frames to make it more realistic like slight pauses?  Thanks in advance :crazy:  (ps i fixed the weird pixel glitches on the shoulder and the changing length of the knee)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 10:08:55 pm by IrresponsibleFreelancer »
I dont get it done, but when i do its not done.

Offline AimlessZealot

• View Profile

Re: [C&C] BackpackerWalkCycle

Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 03:39:55 pm
I would advise you to consider the weight of the backpack, the angle of his spine and the thickness of his legs. The backpack looks like it is carrying items, which means his center of balance has been shifted back like this:

Note how his shoulders and upper back are thrown forward to help adjust his center of weight.

This might be a fairly slight motion except that your legs are so thin that they exaggerate how little the upper body is reacting to the weight. Because the body isn't hunkering down the way you'd expect under a heavy weight it appears as if the figure is somehow leading with its feet and having the upper body float slightly behind.