AuthorTopic: [UNPAID] LF pixel artist to collab on top down action adventure game  (Read 2282 times)

Offline JalapenosBud

• View Profile
[editing this as i go, if i'm missing some information about art, please let me know]
Hello forum, artists and who else that is reading!

First off i want to say that i'm a programmer with maximum 6 months of experience in Unity3D which i've been using to learn how to make 2D games in. I would consider myself green in the field of game programming. But i still feel i can implement stuff when it's needed, else i'll find it somewhere on the interwebz!

I am currently looking for a pixel artist to join me in doing a 2D top down game, perspective-wise, think old zelda games, where the camera switches from room to room where it's kind of top down, you'll see in the GIF's below.

The game will be action oriented - i.e. you walk around on the map and kill monsters "realtime", and not (in lack of better wording) a menu style game like the old final fantasy or like pokemon. So it will be an action adventure game where you slay monsters, collect items and level up.

Currently, besides the camera system, there's a leveling system, and the monster's level scale depending on the player's level.
There's a hammer that does AOE (Area of effect) damage, with a slight cooldown on it, like 0.6 seconds so u cant spam it, since it does abit more damage than the sword and its AOE.
A sword with a slash with an arc in 45 degrees forward.

But yea, getting to the point - What's need to be drawn so far in the game (this ofcourse is subject to change, as your opinion is important to me, when we discuss what should be implemented, if you want to collaborate)

currently im aiming for a 32x32 spritesheet

The main character
-movement
-4 directions with 3 frames each, standing left foot, right foot, for up, down, left and right sides
- a dodge roll to each side, think dive roll
-sword attack with a trail behind, think all you see is a white slash
-hammer pound / smash into the ground, would be nice with some animated dirt that flies up

Environment
-Grass tile wit 4 sides that can be tiled together, corners would be nice too
-Earth / dirt tiles

But yea send me a PM and i'll get back to you ASAP, my timezone is GMT+2 (summertime) or hit me up on twitter @JalapenosBud

GIFS of the game:
Camera movement:

Level up system and attacking the enemies

« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 11:39:19 pm by JalapenosBud »