AuthorTopic: [PAID] 2d frame animatior for JRPG game  (Read 2119 times)

Offline dragonslumber

• View Profile

[PAID] 2d frame animatior for JRPG game

on: May 03, 2015, 06:37:15 pm
Please read this ad in full before applying, in order to ensure that you are able to do the work.

Hi.  My name is Kevin Gigučre and I'm the founder of Dragon Slumber, an indie game development company.  I have 10 years programming experience, 3 of those years being spent in a small game development company as a programmer which I had to leave due to downsizing.

For the past 3 years, I have been working on Arelite Core, a commercial JRPG styled game for Windows, which mixes traditional design with a modern presentation.  The game was developped from the ground up and aims to take the best of old games, like Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger, and mix it with modern day design sensibilities.  You can discover more about the game at www.arelitecore.com and www.forgeyourlegacy.com.

Who I'm looking for
I am looking for an artist to create 2d animation frames for the monsters of the game. This only includes the lineart, as well as the full colors, and will need to follow frame by frame schematics of the animation as well as the original reference frame.  Monster frames vary in size from 200x200 to 500x500, and a few exceptions going beyond that scope. Examples of what would need to be worked with can be found at http://www.arelitecore.com/images/041b_Krakataur_HIT.gif and http://arelitecore.com/monsters.php.

Relevant examples of your work will be required.  Before I hire anyone, I will need to ensure they can do the job.

More about the game
For this JRPG, I am aiming for about 10-12 hours of gameplay.  There are 6 playable characters, with an animation range around similar to Final Fantasy VI (ie, 3rd person fights with sprites and emotion animations during story).  We have well over 100 unique monsters planned, as well as visual variations on already established monsters (a goblin with a mask for example).  Stylistically, we're aiming towards Final Fantasy VI, a slightly gritty style, mature themes and all that.  It's also our baseline for the visuals, battle presentation and so forth.

And finally
Payment is to be negociated and is made upon approved frames. Please submit your pricing in your offer.  This job offer will be open until May 17th, please don't apply after that date.  You may contact me at any time by e-mail at jobs@dragonslumber.com, or by Skype at ds_kevingiguere.  Those two methods will be the only methods of communcation accepted for the job.

I look forward to hearing from you.