AuthorTopic: Fighting Girl  (Read 10793 times)

Offline Iceaxe

• View Profile

Re: Fighting Girl

Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 08:11:16 am
Thanks very much! I will definitely have a tweak of timing and energy when i get a feel of it in game.
Her being floaty might turn out to be pretty cool but we'll see. At the moment I'm trying to make some assets as not having them are holding me back from making progress on the programming side of things.

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 08:25:46 am
I imagine with the floaty-ness the game might feel kinda like Pong, with the characters slowly exchanging blows, more of a game of strategy. Could definitely be interesting, depends on what you're aiming for I suppose. Once you get some testing in hopefully the direction forward becomes clear :).

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 14, 2015, 06:47:47 am
One idea for swipe movement is to swipe and hold to keep running.
then when u release she stops.

Alternately u can just swipe and let go to do like a skip forward.

both options can be combined with attack to make differnt moves e.g. build up some speed to be able to do a powerful fly kick...

Offline Iceaxe

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: February 19, 2015, 04:50:40 am
Alright I've finished her retreat animation now so I'll keep you guys updated with her progress. I also chopped her toes off the foot on the right to get rid of her clown feet. I really like her hair flowing when she jumps back though not sure how I feel about her legs....

(excuse the size, I have her at 3x normal for xcode)

Let me know what you all think :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 04:52:21 am by Iceaxe »

Offline Iceaxe

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 07:10:49 am
Hey again everyone! Work has been slow on this chick since uni has started again but managed to squeeze out another animation.

She can now hit things :D As usual let me know what you think, if there's something wrong with it do let me know :)

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 07:18:30 am by Iceaxe »

Offline Iceaxe

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 04:06:01 am
It seems as though people enjoy just looking at these so I'm just gonna keep updating this thread as I get along. Probably won't post everything up on here (even though this is literally everything at the moment) but I'll probably make updates on things I found challenging or fun to do. :)

Combo Attack:

This one was particularly interesting and was something I had never really tried before. Getting her whole person to rotate around like that was crazy and I'm pretty happy with how her hair flows throughout the combo. The downward punch is probably pretty unrealistic but I thought it fit pretty well. She's a little magic-y so she can get away with it.
Keeping her body parts in the same proportions can be pretty difficult with thing kinda thing but fast moving things can always get away with a bit of push and pull. General relativity? :P

Hope you guys like it and let me know if you notice something that's off.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 05:21:57 am
This is really nice, I'm not great at animation, but everything seems a bit sluggish to me. The frames are all drawn really well, just play with the timing. Don't know if it stayed consistent after uploading, but in graphics gale, I just modified how long the action frames lasted and buffered them 64246 for each movement. You could make the effect more subtle too, like 65456 or something.

Offline Iceaxe

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 06:11:11 am
Yeah thanks Ryu! I'm pretty lazy with that, just set them all to the same in photoshop :P
Definitely going to file away your edit somewhere...

Offline Pinux

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: March 21, 2015, 09:00:58 pm
If you are using this for a game I would recommend a faster speed but then again I don't know all to much about animation  :-* but I do Like it, its going really well