Thank you Gogglecrab for that beautiful banner Secret Santa.. heard that one before
I hope you have! And if you haven't: you sign up for this, get a random partner assigned to you and will be making a gift (pixel art!) for them. In turn, somebody else (you don't know who) will be making a gift for you! Gifts will be revealed on Christmas.
Take a look at previous years' Secret Santa here: 2013
- To join this year's Secret Santa, post here so I know you want to participate ('count me in' or similar). Please only sign up if you're sure that you'll be to able to complete your gift There are grave consequences for reneging! Specifically, you won't be able to participate in next year's Secret Santa
- Double check the information here, specifically the important dates below, so you know to plan in advance if you'll be unable to submit before the deadline.
- Provide some indication of your likes/dislikes: this is important! you can be as specific or broad as you like, but be aware this is all your Santa has to go by if they don't know you!
- You'll receive your partner's name via private message (PM), so make sure to check 'em!
- When you've finished your gift, send it to me by PM; not in the thread here.
- Elk, Letmethink, Argyle, Knick1225 and Dragonmarx may NOT participate this year because they failed to submit a gift on time last year. Do not let this be you!
- November 17th~24th - Sign-ups in this period only!
- November 25th - A PM with your partner's name will be sent out to you; no tellin'!
- November 26th~December 20th - Plenty pixellin' time, start early! This is new. Let's try it. You get less time, but.. read below.
- December 21st - Last day to send in your gift!
- December 22nd~December 24th - Very last chance! If you have failed to send in your gift before this timespan, you will not be able to participate next year, but you won't get a strike.
- December 25th - Grand unveiling! If you still haven't sent in your gift by now, you will receive a strike.
PM me if you're confused about anything or have any questions to ask after consulting the FAQ below.
FAQWhat kind of gift do I make?
-Anything you want, just so long as it involves pixel art! Try to tailor it to your partners listed interests, or to them/their work if you're familiar anyway, but any subject you think will be well received is fair game. You can make them a mockup, animations, sprites, textured low poly models; you name it! If you're worried about time, don't overly complicate things, relax and do what you
do best too, for a great present.But I'm quite likely to be embroiled in some sort of festive revelry around the end of December; can I still take part?
-You can send your gift in as early as you like! The 19th is the deadline, but submissions will be accepted from the time you receive your partner's name via PM, up until the 19th (24th if you're late, but please read above for consequences if you do that). It's not fun to try and rush this stuff leading up to Christmas, getting it done with time to spare is highly recommended I'm not going to manage finishing my present in time, will I still get a strike?
-WIPs will be OK temporarily, but don't let it come to that, or you will get a strike! It's better to have your WIP under the tree than nothing, but please finish afterwards to avoid untold baroque consequences
, If you know you won't be able to finish, for whatever reason, let me know ASAP
so that something else can be sorted out for your partner.I think making a present for so-and-so would be really fun, I wish I was their Santa!
-If you finish your present early, you're more than welcome to make gifts for multiple people. Spread the holiday cheer! Just please concentrate on your partner first
When you send in your gift (ie. not in the comments here) designate one of these wrappings (A1, B5, etc.) or else it'll be assigned randomly. This gift wrapping is what will be displayed on the 24th linking directly to the gift you made. Alternatively:
for mad bonus props, you can provide a custom wrapping along with your gift; in this way you can have a bit of fun teasing the shape, colour, subject matter etc. within. Just PM it along with your gift and I'll make sure our elves will wrap your gift with it.
Read everything? Great! If you sign up below before the 25th Nov you'll be added to this list (allowing ~24hrs for updates). Those who've submitted gifts will get a little
next to 'em, also doubtless a pleasant seasonal sense of good-will.Participants
And now that we've reached the end of this thread, please let me remind you that you should be absolutely certain that you can finish your gift in time before signing up. Thanks, and have fun~
- Regulus Awesome
- Mr. Fahrenheit
- Dr D
- Mr. Beast
- Alberto S.R.