AuthorTopic: Grand Fireball  (Read 3173 times)

Offline Soundz

• View Profile

Grand Fireball

on: September 20, 2014, 08:58:21 pm
Hello, I'm Soundz. I've recently been working toward completing animations for techniques for a personal project I've went into development for. When I began making this (Grand Fireball) I'd had such a great vision for it, now I'm only stumped at how to do the flame (tail end) animation.  :'(

Here's the wip animation:

Second approach:

I want to give it more of a fireball propelling through the air and fire rotating off the ball and consistently producing flames, but I feel as though I'm off somewhere with the flames. Help ???
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 08:26:08 am by Soundz »

Offline Pantamime

• View Profile

Re: Grand Fireball

Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 06:40:08 pm
I think it is looking really good! Great job man! For more of a spinning feel I would add or exaggerate the "tail" being created by the flames on the top side of the fire ball, then coming downwards over the fire ball. This one tail would be animated in front of the fireball as it goes down then disappear behind it again. IF that is the kind of spiral motion you are talking about. Like a side ways cork screw.

Any chance you would be interested in working on sprites and animations for a game I am working on?

I really like the look you have going on in your work. Do you have any Humanoid type art or animations?

Offline Soundz

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 04:41:37 am
Thanks for the C&C, I really appreciate it.

To your first question, sorry to say, but I'm quite busy with another team (and my own project as well). I'd gladly leave you my contact if for any reason in the future you wish to contact me about pixel art inquiries.

As far as human animations, I have plenty from the base I've created for my personal project.

This here is one of the many I've posted under my BYOND account "Soundz". You can view more here: http://www.byond.com/members/Soundz?tab=index

Offline Pantamime

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 05:45:25 am
Do you have any advice on creating my own sprite base models. I am going to use either 128x128 or reduce it to 64x64. I am having a hard time getting a feel for any kind of anatomical correctness in my pixel art.

I am try to do something along the lines of what you have there up there with that Sword attack. What is the best way to go about making a nude base model like that.
I keep trying , getting frustrated and starting over from scratch. Just outlines and silhouettes, to try and get a feel for the form. But it always comes out off, or weird in some way.