AuthorTopic: GR#214 - Chicken & Scene  (Read 25132 times)

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile

Re: [WIP][C+C] Chicken

Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 02:10:08 am
I'm thinking it'd be cool having a portrait on the screen complaining instead of a health bar (kinda like how doom guy's face gets all messed up as you get hit) and having that double as a reminder if an npc told you about a secret platform or something. Also I put a music note in which can be clicked to have that dialogue read aloud (button for random chicken noises)

The closer you are to death the more your portrait looks like a nice plump rotisserie style chicken!

Offline YellowLime

• View Profile
    • Sour Pixels

Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 01:40:35 pm
Very interesting idea, hope you can flesh it out :P
It seems like it would be a very passionate quest- to avoid such a massive massacre against your featherbrethren :lol:

I also like the plot & the overall idea, even if RPG are really overdone in my opinion compared to some other genres.

Well, SRPGs are not made often enough, in my opinion. :hehe:
Although the latest side-view platforming mockup is confusing in that regard :-\

Offline Fizzick

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 12:53:19 am
I like the more saturated one, it looks more healthy and more like a real red chikin.

Offline 5T1N9R4Y

• View Profile
    • dA profile

Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 04:54:11 pm
Sorry I'm only replying now, didn't have my computer for a couple days, hence also no progress to report yet (except that I can't animate wings for shit and really need to work on that)

@ Daimoth
Well, damn it, I'm gonna have to this, don't I? Allright then, as soon as schoolwork lightens up a bit I'll see what I can do

@Probo
There's something that has a crippled cock as a mascot? Amazing

@lachrymose
Oh my god. Yes. Definitely. That is awesome. The game over screen could be a plate of chicken bones

@YellowLime
Truly the world currently is a horrible place for all of chicken kind and it requires a hero of time to make a change.
The srpg thing was never set in stone so when lachrymose offered a really nice concept for having it as a metroidvania style game, I just went with that^^

@Fizzick
I don't know, I felt the palette didn't work too well together so I shifted every shadow to be slightly purple-ish and I kinda prefer it that way O:

Offline Daimoth

• I Am Tooth
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 09:16:14 pm
Yes, it is imperative. ;D

Offline 5T1N9R4Y

• View Profile
    • dA profile

Reply #15 on: September 07, 2014, 11:12:32 pm
Did a bit of work again, just the start and game over screen because time ^^'

Offline Probo

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 04:19:15 am
ah, the flux capacitor! looks good, Id love to see a full-on mockup

Offline Manupix

• View Profile
    • Pixeljoint gallery

Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 11:08:20 am
I love that chicken ;D

The start screen isn't very appealing overall though: it's rather empty, the title type is kinda boring and doesn't seem to refer in any way to the story or poultry or space (emptiness could be great with a strong and meaningful composition though).
The smaller type is weirdly irregular in width and weight.
There's one kerning issue with the big type: there's more space around M than other letters (I think it's better with more space).

Offline 5T1N9R4Y

• View Profile
    • dA profile

Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 02:58:32 pm
@Probo
working on it ^^

@Manupix
I was going the contra route with the title screen, but yeah it is pretty boring, so I messed about with it again today; it now features more space, more time, and less poultry ( I think I could fit a nebulous space chicken in the back?)

I also tried balancing the small type better and pulled the large type apart a bit
Though I don't know how to have the type convey the story of a time traveling chicken or.. anything really.. how does one relate story elements via typeface?

Offline YellowLime

• View Profile
    • Sour Pixels

Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 03:16:12 pm

Problem solved :lol: