AuthorTopic: Need artist for platformer  (Read 3373 times)

Offline pr4nq

• View Profile

Need artist for platformer

on: February 08, 2014, 11:29:55 pm
I'm going to keep this short, but I have already coded some of the metrics e.g. level, camera, player, controls, audio, etc but nothing that really sets the game play or game concept in stone yet. I do however have a idea to base the game off of as far as story goes, but am open to suggestions and can completely scrap that story line it's not a big deal.

My goal is to locate a artist in which I can communicate with who doesn't get moody, takes suggestions and rejection professionally and has a stellar strong mindset to keep focus on the ultimate goal which is completing the game. I've worked with some other people and they were either moody, quit in the middle of the project, wasn't open for any suggestions, didn't communicate very well or a few other things so I have a pretty good idea on what I don't want.

Of course like many other people I enjoy metroidvania type games. I would like to put some time in this project so I'm not really going to focus on monetizing or setting any deadlines. I feel when you do that you cause the project to loose the fun factor and it becomes more of a job than something we do for enjoyment. So with that being said I'll likely work on it for a few days then break a couple days so on and so forth. With that being said I'm pretty understanding on how everyday life effects productivity but that doesn't mean disappear for a week or longer and then come back unless you can tell me before hand that your needing to go somewhere or whatever the purpose..

I've also learned another lesson from collaborating in the past. I will be the 51% so that if we cannot reach an agreement someone has the authority to make that final decision and that will have to happen without a bitter taste in the mouth of whoever wants to collaborate.

Okay sorry I had to get all that out of the way. I feel its very important to find the person who suites and can work on the same level. If your interested then reply or email me kenny.gre@gmail.com and we'll talk further. Please send me some examples of your work and make sure its work that you can produce the same quality again not something you got lucky with a few years ago and it turned out good and you haven't been able to reproduce that same level of quality since but you send me it thinking it will help get you on board. (I've had that happen)

I'm easy to get along with. Friendly and understanding. I have a good eye and plenty of experience in programming and game development to see the project through. I've managed projects before so the whole thing is not new to me and I already know what game engine/libraries I'll be using for the programming.

If you do your part i'll do mine and I can promise I will not quit the project until its done. Even though I will not leave it unfinished if either person leaves the collaboration they donate everything they have done to the project and whoever is still working on it. (hopefully this does not happen I am really looking for someone who has some self discipline)

Thank you for your time!

Offline pr4nq

• View Profile

Re: Need artist for platformer

Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 04:56:40 am
I can produce the music also (chip/8bit)

Offline pr4nq

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 06:19:18 am
https://soundcloud.com/kenny-travis-gregory/pr4nq-inside-the-flames

Theres an example of my music I'm not really stuck on any specific sound so its no problem to adapt to fit the game.

Offline pr4nq

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 06:38:34 am
okay disregard i believe i have found someone. thanks for everyone's time.