AuthorTopic: [LFA]rtist for sprite work in Pokemon style game [rev share]  (Read 2500 times)

Offline lod254

• View Profile
I'm looking for a 2d pixel artist (maybe 2 if I'm lucky) interested in a pokemon style game for android. We're making a battle/capture style game with a unique GPS/real world based map system rather than walking around in game manually. Instead if you around the real world and I nab your GPS coordinates to tell you where you are in game (or if you're a shut in, you can teleport in game for a certain period of time. Teleporters are expendable items in game). Maybe you live in the Fire/Electric Zone so you find those guys at home, but when you go to work suddenly you're in the Earth/Psychic zone.

The workload would be 2d sprites along with backgrounds and simple spells/attacks and a map. We already have one pixel artist. He will likely do the backgrounds, map, and then also help on sprites.

The plan is about 170 sprite. Front/back and maybe 2 iterations. Some will be designed around the name, some will be completely up to you based off of their types.

I'm no artist or programmer. I operate more as project manager and systems designer. I do all the math like capture odds, find chances, damage/hp, etc etc. I'm obsessed with balance rather than a random system like pokmon had. In this game any monster is viable all game and end game. I have tons of work done on my side cuz its addicting, but we're essentially at the start with programming and art.

My friend is a programmer who actually works for a video game company.

We have a 2d pixel artist already who does great work, but the workload demands two artists.

We use teamviewer and I'm available to call you and explain in detail the intricacies.

Any money made is an even split rev share (4 ways at this point). I really do think this is unique enough to potentially be profitable.

Offline lod254

• View Profile

Re: [LFA]rtist for sprite work in Pokemon style game [rev share]

Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 03:27:00 pm
My other artist has only worked for us 2 weeks, but here's some stuff he's done.

http://m.imgur.com/a/1OlNQ

I can show game details over teamviewer for anyone who may be interested.