AuthorTopic: The Daily Sketch  (Read 1367200 times)

Offline 0xDB

• Dennis inter-is.
    • dennisbusch_de
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/1287.htm
    • 0xdb
    • View Profile
    • 0xDB

Re: The Daily Sketch

Reply #2610 on: September 19, 2016, 08:47:02 pm
new "gesture" variant
(the "stick" figures in the middle) in these from exercise called "memory drawing": basically stare at three gestures for 30s each, then try to draw all three from memory within 60s(20s per gesture)...during the staring phase don't intellectualize the poses and make no attempt to formalize any kind of system to memorize them, just try to feel them with the whole body and draw from the (muscle) memory of the feelings in the drawing phase

straying from the
"modelled drawing" technique a bit here, using "cross contour" hints into eyeballed "contour" (proportions are a bit off especially in upper body/arms but I'm not trying to measure too accurately because measuring hasn't been in the book yet and I'm trying to force myself to forget what I "know" to work with the book)
:

Offline A2J2TIWARI

• a2j2emerald
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/38048.htm
    • View Profile
    • Art of Aastikya Tiwari

Reply #2611 on: September 19, 2016, 10:01:27 pm

I resolve to make something daily, no matter how shitty. 1 year will make a difference.

Trying concept art, shitty obviously.
Love Carnage?: Download Epok Now!
My Work
PonjiRo Now Available on Android: Download PonjiRo

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #2612 on: September 19, 2016, 10:06:37 pm
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline Kasumi

• View Profile

Reply #2613 on: September 20, 2016, 09:38:36 am
0xDB: Bottom one is super cool!
More Cardistry

0033 Copies

I make actual NES games. Thus, I'm the unofficial forum dealer of too much information about the NES

Offline wolfenoctis

• View Profile

Reply #2614 on: September 20, 2016, 04:55:31 pm

Offline A2J2TIWARI

• a2j2emerald
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/38048.htm
    • View Profile
    • Art of Aastikya Tiwari

Reply #2615 on: September 20, 2016, 10:48:23 pm
Quick 5-10 minute paintings

Love Carnage?: Download Epok Now!
My Work
PonjiRo Now Available on Android: Download PonjiRo

Offline wolfenoctis

• View Profile

Reply #2616 on: September 21, 2016, 02:18:07 pm

Offline 0xDB

• Dennis inter-is.
    • dennisbusch_de
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/1287.htm
    • 0xdb
    • View Profile
    • 0xDB

Reply #2617 on: September 21, 2016, 09:22:43 pm
Kasumi: ty

new gesture exercise variant is:
"moving action"(bottom eight ones) where the practice is to look at looping footage of a changing pose or life action for 180s and drawing multiple impressions of the movement action in place

I am taking the liberty to
at least rough in the outlines for the "modelled drawing" exercises now even though arriving at an accurate representation is not the point of the exercise. If there's anything that remotely resembles anatomy at this point it is bound to be inaccurate and it is the result of feeling the figure as the exercise demands by modelling it like clay with the medium, going over the cross-contours in all directions and increasing pressure where a surface appears to curve away and not a result of actively trying to model any anatomy knowledge(which I don't have yet and won't have for a long time... anatomy seems to come in really late in the book, so maybe in half a year or even more).

Offline Ai

• finti
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?id=1996
    • finticemo
    • View Profile

Reply #2618 on: September 22, 2016, 01:45:53 am
@PPD: Thanks! I might, after I finally finish my current font-related project.

@0xDB: So are you journalling some of this stuff? I've started to, cause I found I was having some interesting thoughts I wanted to come back to later - for example, whether there might be merit in a color-coding [not actual color] contour exercise, to separate the 'feel's of different objects. Or more recently,

After recovering from an illness, I've just finished schedule 1E. Adopted a more 'bony' approach to gesture exercise - I felt previous attempts to feel where muscle pushed out and stretched didn't really help me sympathize properly with the gesture, so I would find the gesture but then lose it (particularly when mindful of 'move rapidly'! I think that most attempts to really follow that resulted in sculpting of minor rather than major muscle tensions, or worse, vaguely contour-following wibble.)

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 02:15:35 am by Ai »
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #2619 on: September 22, 2016, 02:18:43 pm
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 02:48:39 am by PixelPiledriver »
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1