AuthorTopic: The Daily Sketch  (Read 1351483 times)

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Re: The Daily Sketch

Reply #1040 on: January 26, 2015, 01:34:34 am
I found an additional hour for drawing:

"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline DatMuffinMan

• ebogely
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/42966.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #1041 on: January 26, 2015, 03:22:47 am
looks great, Cyangmou :) out of curiosity, how do you choose what to draw? you went from humans to horses, then humans, and now dinosaurs.

did a few anatomy studies today based on photo references; spent the most time on this one (30min I think?):

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #1042 on: January 26, 2015, 11:18:23 am

Thanks PPD for your graphics gale custom brushes tutorial I managed to google up.
No problem. :)
Glad it was helpful.
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #1043 on: January 26, 2015, 04:17:47 pm
looks great, Cyangmou :) out of curiosity, how do you choose what to draw? you went from humans to horses, then humans, and now dinosaurs.

I am studying the design of the things I like. Last year I also did some armor, architectural and machine studies.
While humans are important for multiple easy explainable reasons, the other things have to do with personal preferences and interests.

btw: IMO the abdomen wouldn't ever have a sharp square edge there were you drew one in. If it's exactly like that in the photo I'd be really curious to see your reference.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 04:20:43 pm by Cyangmou »
"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline Ellian

• View Profile
    • This is Ellian

Reply #1044 on: January 26, 2015, 09:32:47 pm

Multistreamed some fanart with my wife today~
Godamnit, streaming makes me nervous and too focused ahah.

Offline PsylentKnight

• View Profile

Reply #1045 on: January 27, 2015, 06:34:39 am

Started doing this.

Funny that I'm doing more on this project now that the semester has started than I did during Christmas break. I intended to get a lot done then but I did absolutely nothing, mostly due to the fact that my sister got me a $20 steam card for Christmas and so I bought like 1000 games during the winter sale. I'm kind of burnt on playing though and feel like creating.
Mommy's Boy: Development Blog  Youtube  Contact: MommysBoyGame or Psylent-Knight@hotmail
View all my game assets at 300% zoom (click twice)

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #1046 on: January 27, 2015, 07:02:21 am

Multistreamed some fanart with my wife today~
Godamnit, streaming makes me nervous and too focused ahah.
Yea when I need to sit down and focus on a piece, I turn on the stream and tell no one and sit there and stream to 0 viewers to help me focus. No idea why it works but it does :> Cool art too! I always envy those who can draw proper cast shadows :^)
also that was a very interesting music video

Started doing this.

Funny that I'm doing more on this project now that the semester has started than I did during Christmas break. I intended to get a lot done then but I did absolutely nothing, mostly due to the fact that my sister got me a $20 steam card for Christmas and so I bought like 1000 games during the winter sale. I'm kind of burnt on playing though and feel like creating.
Funny how that works out huh. Planning to be productive during break and doing nothing seems to be more common than I thought. At leas you are back on track, an it looks like the right track too. Keep at it!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 07:04:23 am by yaomon17 »

Offline DatMuffinMan

• ebogely
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/42966.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #1047 on: January 27, 2015, 03:32:39 pm

btw: IMO the abdomen wouldn't ever have a sharp square edge there were you drew one in. If it's exactly like that in the photo I'd be really curious to see your reference.

yeah, you're right about the sharp edge - it's there but definitely smoother in the reference [kind of nsfw] - http://i.imgur.com/y8N7twW.png

also I made a crab for pixel_dailes on twitter:

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #1048 on: January 27, 2015, 04:20:41 pm
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 04:30:12 pm by PixelPiledriver »
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline lolzolaura

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart

Reply #1049 on: January 27, 2015, 06:20:07 pm
Kinda starting over again, but hey, more practice for me!