AuthorTopic: The Daily Sketch  (Read 1365871 times)

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Re: The Daily Sketch

Reply #770 on: August 13, 2014, 01:57:24 am
Also Cyangmou, I remember you saying something like you were waiting on me to reach gyrog?
That FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FISH.
I reached the end of the dungeon at the end of day 3 and couldn't beat the crap out of that seaweed smoker in time.

Gyorg is definitely one of the more challenging bosses in the n64 zelda games =)
Definitely one of my most favorite designs as well.
"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #771 on: August 13, 2014, 11:09:55 pm
early horse full-plate armor
"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline Ellian

• View Profile
    • This is Ellian

Reply #772 on: August 13, 2014, 11:40:21 pm
Wow, nice armor.

Tijo is too colorful compared to the others, ugh.

EDIT:
Also the Poe Collector, because I love the Poe Collector.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 12:43:45 am by Ellian »

Offline YellowLime

• View Profile
    • Sour Pixels

Reply #773 on: August 14, 2014, 11:20:29 am
Cyangmou: Nice traditional study sketches all around, all the way back to when you started posting them here earlier this year :y:
They inspired me into getting a bit into drawing traditionally from reference as well. There's a special charm to it :)
Maybe I'll post some of it here, even though it's spread out throughout the last few months.

Ellian: Cool pixel fanart of one of the more experimentally successful games of the series (which I got back then, as a kid, only because it was on a golden cartridge :lol:)
I enjoy how you emulate the heavy shading used in the official art for the game. ;D
Did the Poe Collector also make an appearance in Majora's? In any case, I wanted to point out that the highlight makes it look like an Olimar nose, instead of... whatever it was supposed to be (neck stump?).

Offline Ellian

• View Profile
    • This is Ellian

Reply #774 on: August 14, 2014, 08:57:02 pm

I think it's a... glowy... eye... thing?
And yeah, he's guarding the entrance of Ikana village, and also host a mini game where you have to defeat Poes within a time limit.

Offline wolfenoctis

• View Profile

Reply #775 on: August 14, 2014, 08:59:51 pm

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #776 on: August 14, 2014, 11:39:17 pm
Cyangmou: Nice traditional study sketches all around, all the way back to when you started posting them here earlier this year :y:
They inspired me into getting a bit into drawing traditionally from reference as well. There's a special charm to it :)
Maybe I'll post some of it here, even though it's spread out throughout the last few months.

Just post the new stuff if you do some drawing. After all the thread here is rather for actual practice sketches and not solely intended for finished work - alhough if you post finished work, it's also fine.
Obervational drawing and sketching is for me the solid foundation of my art and my understanding of the subjects I draw.   

going more in the depth of the rear leg & hip of the horse
lower layer of rear leg muscles, sideview rear leg, perspective rear leg, femur, femur&hip

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline Ellian

• View Profile
    • This is Ellian

Reply #777 on: August 15, 2014, 12:12:43 am

Only one Indigo-go to go~
Fucking skull, eugh. Way too much details on that shit, it's not even consistent with the rest...

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #778 on: August 15, 2014, 12:57:06 am
guess it shows off that the initial image was done as perspective group drawing with applied depth through coloring Tijo brighter and making the piano guy darker because of the overall shading style

where there is a lot of space to improve is actual weight, flow and proportion which is imo solved really well in the original art
roughed it out myself with the size you used.

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #779 on: August 15, 2014, 08:38:39 pm
creature design

Dev-Art
Twitter