AuthorTopic: [REVSHARE] 2D Horror Hospital Game (Game has lots of hype!!!)  (Read 2434 times)

Offline Scylla

• View Profile
I'm currently looking for someone that can fill the shoes of a previous artist on a small to medium scale game I'm working on.
Unfortunately the previous artist has left without notice and I am in need of a new one.

Will the game be successful?
Let me start off by saying that the artwork the artist did was very fair to what I wanted, and I don't believe it should be too hard to replicate at all.
I managed to complete (still actually needs a bit more art) a prologue for the game and I posted it to reddit and I got a lot of great comments for it!

Here's the reddit page for it:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IndieGaming/comments/1uwfgw/finished_prologue_for_a_2d_indie_horror_game/

There are always risks, however I have had a lot of success in the past with mobile games, specifically this one:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.charybgames.blowawaygame
which managed to rake in about 20,000 downloads within the first few days after it was published!

And judging from a few subreddits I've posted the prologue sneak peek to, I would say that this would be fairly popular once it's finished.

I am also going to be starting a kickstarter once we have enough content to show (shouldn't be too long for that to happen!),
which is also when I would post the game to steam greenlight.

What platforms would it go on?
I am able to export this game to the following platforms:
- Steam Greenlight
- Windows
- Mac OS X
- Linux
- Android / iOS
- Windows Phone 7
- Tizen (a new platform)

So even if the game is not successful on one platform, there are always the chances it will be successful on another.

What art style are you looking for?
Here's some of the screenshots I took from the game while playing through the prologue:

If you can work with this art, that would be great.

What is the game about?
The game is a 2D-Horror zombie game set in a Hospital.
Unlike other zombie games, this one is set at the origination of the apocalypse.

The story originates when the players wife is deathly ill and dies on her death bed beside the player.
The player then proceeds to exit the building when suddenly the lights go out and a scream is heard. It is then when the gameplay
takes over and it's up to you to find out what's going on. Eventually you will go back to your wife's room to find she is gone,
and it won't be until the end of the game that you find out what's happened to her.

What will the gameplay consist of?
The game is heavily inspired from Luigi's Mansion. For the most part it's more of an exploration game than a fast-paced shooter,
however the gameplay will consist of shooting down zombies, looking for keys, getting to the next floor, etc.
There would even be unique aspects of the gameplay where for example you could use the zombies to your advantage by using them
as camouflage to deter other zombies away from you.

A lot of the gameplay would consist of heavy "scarings" where things may pop out of nowhere and increasingly scare the player.

How long would it take to make?
I am in absolutely no rush to get this game finished but I am absolutely hoping to get this game finished by the summer or even the end of the summer.
However long it takes though is no problem at all.

This is by no means a large project. It is more medium-scaled than anything and is not at all meant to take up a majority of your time.
I would allow you to take as much time as possible to finish whatever art that needs to be done next.
If you're at all busy or need to take a break, this is also fine for me.

I simply need someone that will not just quit on me without notice or reason, as it's happened too many times in the past and I haven't been able
to get a lot of the projects I've had planned done.

If by any chance you feel there is too much work to be done, I would not mind asking another artist to come along for the ride.

How will the revenue share work?
We would split all profits made 50/50 on all platforms we profit from (Steam, HumbleBundle, Android, iOS, etc...).

Contact information
If you're at all interested you can contact me at:
tlino@shaw.ca

I do believe this can be a success if we put enough effort into it.
If for whatever reason you feel this project is too big, I do have other smaller ideas that we can do for mobile games, so don't hesitate to contact me!

Please be sure to include some kind of website that shows your portfolio or examples of your work, or just simply include links to images
that can show me what you've done.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 12:14:00 am by Scylla »