AuthorTopic: [REVSHARE] Artist Needed : Hospital Zombie Game  (Read 2618 times)

Offline Scylla

• View Profile

[REVSHARE] Artist Needed : Hospital Zombie Game

on: October 30, 2013, 11:48:14 pm
What I'm looking for
I'm looking for a pixel artist (or artist in general) that can fit the needs of the style I'm going for.
The kind of game and mood is:
- 2D of course
- Sidescroller/Platformer
- Creepy/Eerie/Horror

Anyone that can do things such as:
- A detailed environment: Hospital hallways, outside building, sky background
- Details: Props such as counters, hospital equipment, elevator doors, cafeteria,
basement props, usual stuff you'd find in a hospital
- Characters: Zombies, main player, animations, friendly A.I., etc.

To be more specific on the kind of style I want, here are a few examples. All though these styles vary, if you believe you can do any of these styles then I think we're off to a good start.

http://indiestatik.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/STF_apoc-1024x585.png
http://indiestatik.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/screenshot1.jpg
http://indiestatik.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Screen-shot-2012-12-28-at-01.46.02.png

For this game, I am not exactly looking for a very complex style at all. I want to base the style on what you can really do best. The style for all we know could be fairly simple.

Exactly what kind of game are we making?
I'd be more open to discuss it once we agree on partnership but the basic synopsis of the game is that
it takes place in a hospital and you have to fend off roaming zombies/walkers around the hallways.
It seems like a typical zombie game but I always like to make my games unique in a way that people will love it.

This project size should be fairly medium, not large at all.

Are you (the programmer) experienced?
I've been making games and coding in languages for over 7 years now. Aside from that, recently I've made a few games that have gotten very good numbers of downloads on mobile app stores, however they were fairly small projects so I would expect a much larger download rate on this game.

Here's one example that I made and it achieved over 20,000 downloads within at least a week on Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.charybgames.blowawaygame
Here's a quick screenshot of it:

On iOS it did okay, at around 2500 downloads currently (though it was unmarketed).

Another example I have is a very very small game that took about 4 days to program (mainly because I was busy, could have taken at least 2 days). Again this was a very small game, yet I was able to get around 20,000 downloads in just 5 days!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.charybgames.pixelbunnygame

Another game I made: Studge, which did not take that long, around 2 weeks of work, got around $2000 on the Amazon Appstore (non-free game).

I've also sold 2 HTML5 games which totalled up to $700 recently. I have been hesitant though from contacting publishers as I've been trying to build more of a portfolio. Here's a screenshot of one of them:

How will I be paid?
We go 50/50 on all profits made from the game. So this is a revenue-share deal.
I am also willing to negotiate a paid contract if I can accept the price(s). Would be worked out later.

How do we make money?
I can export to multiple platforms.
Those of which include: Windows, Windows 8, iOS, Android, HTML5, Mac OSX and Tizen, Windows Phone.

Depending on the quality of the game, on mobile markets we would either sell it as a paid game, or we make
it free with advertisements and IAPs (In App Purchases).

If it so happens that this game can run on HTML5 smoothly, I can also sell it to publishers who will pay for licensing
of the game or hosting rights for their websites.

Also, I have STEAM GREENLIGHT access.
If the game has a good enough quality, I can put it up on Steam Greenlight for users to vote on.
The game does not even have to be complete to be put on Steam Greenlight mind you, a few screenshots
and possibly a video of the game footage (or mockups) will suffice.

I actually know someone that got their game greenlit on Steam and he's making quite a bit of money off of it (won't release those details due to privacy). So yes, Steam is a definite solution.

Along with Steam Greenlight, I am also willing to put up a Kickstarter campaign.

What do I need to do (the artist)?
Simply private message me or e-mail me that you'd wish to be an artist for this game.
I also require that you send me some kind of portfolio or examples of your work.
You can e-mail me at: tlino@shaw.ca

I don't need someone that can work at an extremely fast pace, as time is definitely not a big factor.
I do need someone that can produce a good quality of work.

Again, the game is fairly medium-sized. If I had to guess, the game would possibly take at least a month to complete. Though those details can be worked out later.

You can trust that I'm very friendly and fun to work with. I have a huge passion for making quality games.

Cheers.

PS:
Sorry about duplicate topic. I didn't realize we couldn't post revshare topics in the other forum.