AuthorTopic: GR#142 - Kill la Kill Ryuko - Sprite Process  (Read 23780 times)

Offline AlcopopStar

• View Profile
    • https://ramheadedgirl.com/folio/

Re: Kill la Kill - Ryūko (vaguely nsfw)

Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 12:16:34 pm
Hey Cyangmou,

Thanks for the insightful and detailed crit. I'm kind of embarrassed I didn't notice all those issues :s

Anyway, i did my best to fix them up;

I thought I would make sure that I got the base down before I bothered editing the clothes again, to avoid redundant editing, so let me know if I missed any issues.

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 03:47:48 pm
just added some anatomical thoughts:

-mainly shoulder belt area
-worked on the deltoids and added stressing to the left one which should be raised
-this further affects the chest
-also tried to give her a more evil expression which gives her some kind of dominance which might work well with the manly wide-spread leg pose
-added some muscle stressing to her bent arm, mainly biceps
-worked on the hand on the hip
-your hip seemed to be angled in the wrong direction in your last edit, i changed it according to the leg position
-added some stressing in the hip area according to the new placed ribcage and pelvis
-fixed her ribcage below the chest (contraposte of ribcage and pelvis is now a lot more obvious)
-changed the size of the rear hand since it seemed to big
-made her pelvis wider, more female like
-worked on the muscle stressing of the upper and lower legs
-detailled the knees
-fixed leg lengths
-raised the foot of the spread leg and gave her toes more sense of weight
-worked a lot on the shading.
-removed the bright red saturated shadow
-toned the importance of the legs down

After checking up my anatomical references:

-edited the ass musculature, changed the upper leg in terms of lighting for better form
-made the left arm more woman like and increased the size of the fingers
-checked once more the size of the legs and edited them

« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 04:30:29 pm by Cyangmou »
"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline AlcopopStar

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 05:16:13 am
Hey Cyangmou, thanks for the feedback

Your edit added a lot of great anatomical detail, some of which I have emulated, , but beyond this I feel like your edit took the picture in a more stylistically sharp, realistic and detailed direction then what i'm really looking for. I feel the anime is rounder, more fluid and for lack of a better term, more anime.

Regardless, your edit was still very useful, and I have the anatomy in a place i'm happy with now. (your colour pick for the shadow was also great)

Beyond any huge issues with the base i'm going to move onto the costume so I can get this finished.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 07:38:44 am by AlcopopStar »

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 07:43:22 am
Your edit added a lot of great anatomical detail, some of which I have emulated, , but beyond this I feel like your edit took the picture in a more stylistically sharp, realistic and detailed direction then what i'm really looking for. I feel the anime is rounder, more fluid and for lack of a better term, more anime.
Well, not every girl is ripped, either. Japanese girls aren't known for having muscles showing everywhere anyway. :)

Offline AlcopopStar

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 11:07:18 am
Well, not every girl is ripped, either. Japanese girls aren't known for having muscles showing everywhere anyway. :)

Well yeah that too!

Here is the costumed version. I would really welcome some advice on the coloring, as it's something I struggle with.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 12:28:47 pm by AlcopopStar »

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, 12:31:01 pm
anatomical thoughts need to be obvious, otherwise it's hard to illustrate the points especially with pixels.
Even if you turn the forms of the muscles down in the final artwork and simplify a lot, the knowledge should be there.
Your shoulder belt is still way off and your knees are chubby in the base, the anatomical knowledge of how the forms look isn't readable.

I also dunno why you worked on the shoulder and hip line of the base to get it  more credible, when you still keep it horizontal and static in the dressed version.
(which looks on top like exactly copy-pasted from your first version which lets all your work go to waste. The first part of my first post eactly adresses this issue)
"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline AlcopopStar

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: October 18, 2013, 03:03:47 pm
Okay well I tried to make the hip line more obvious with the skirt, I also pushed the perspective on the armor a little.

is it working a little better now?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 03:05:52 pm by AlcopopStar »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #17 on: October 18, 2013, 04:09:45 pm
partial edit. I think you're focusing too much on outlines and not enough on rendering. You need a darker skin shade too. Don't deflect anatomy critique with 'I need more anime' even if you do need more anime. For learning purposes at least!

Offline AlcopopStar

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: October 18, 2013, 04:30:15 pm
Thanks for the edit helm those rendering touches look great and i'll try my hardest to do them justice.

It wasn't my intent to deflect anatomy feedback, I was just trying to explain why I didn't follow all of Cyangmou changes to the letter.

Offline wolfenoctis

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: October 18, 2013, 04:33:04 pm
What Mou meant was that you need to represent the anatomy of the character with the clothing, the lines you made make it look flat as if there is no structure underneath. Also the tilt of that thing she has on the top of her chest need to reflect the angle of her shoulders. An edit to illustrate: