AuthorTopic: GR#234 - Forest Tileset  (Read 100220 times)

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Re: Forest tileset [c+c]

Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 04:04:25 pm
Yeah I call it done..  I fixed a lot of rocks and now Im going to add grass  bottom of the cliff... but I would like to hear some critic if there are something..

« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 12:43:50 pm by Beetleking22 »

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 05:57:31 pm
Yeah I call it done..  I fixed a lot of rocks and now Im going to add grass  bottom of the cliff... but I would like to hear some critic if there are something..

Definitely an improvement. The repetition is so subtle as to be a non-issue now. You could maybe add a few more sharp edges so it doesn't look quite so blobby near the top.

Offline Polioliolio

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 06:36:08 pm

Fantastic.  Very prominent style.  It makes me want to see the rest of the world and how you would design different elements in it.

I like what you did with the grass at the base of the cliff in the center.  I might suggest adding a highlighted blade or two in the areas to the left and right.  Like, literally a single highlighted blade so it's not too repetitious with the center, but continues the effect.

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 11:58:42 am

Definitely an improvement. The repetition is so subtle as to be a non-issue now. You could maybe add a few more sharp edges so it doesn't look quite so blobby near the top.

Thank you... Here is update::  I want ask question.. Does the bottom cliffs grass looks too big?? should I make them smaller?

Also thank you poliolio.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 12:44:04 pm by Beetleking22 »

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 04:53:49 pm
Thank you... Here is update::  I want ask question.. Does the bottom cliffs grass looks too big?? should I make them smaller?

I don't think the height is a problem. However you could add in some darker greens so it doesn't look so cut out (contrasted) from the rock face.

As a side note I'd suggest you make your mockup slightly wider - 3 repetitions is much better than 2 to judge tile patterns.  ;)

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 05:31:54 pm
I don't think the height is a problem. However you could add in some darker greens so it doesn't look so cut out (contrasted) from the rock face.

Worked very well!!  :y:

As a side note I'd suggest you make your mockup slightly wider - 3 repetitions is much better than 2 to judge tile patterns.  ;)

Do you mean that I should make more cliff variety?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 12:44:24 pm by Beetleking22 »

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 06:58:02 pm
Do you mean that I should make more cliff variety?

I was just suggesting that when testing out the tiles, you should add more in a row. You won't know if you need more cliff variety until you make a realistic mockup.

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 10:47:33 pm
I was not happy with my old cliff so I tried improve it and this is the result... If there is something to fix... Please tell me!

« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 11:59:40 pm by Beetleking22 »

Offline castled

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 11:09:34 pm
I don't know, it depends on the look you are going for. The previous cliff looked more natural to me. The new one is definitely pleasing to look at though (with very nice clusters). The new cliff is less busy too, which is probably better for a game. Although the new boulders maybe don't seem to "support" the grass as much as in the old version at the top of the cliff.

I really like the new transition between the bottom of the cliff and the grass.

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 11:28:42 pm
I don't know, it depends on the look you are going for. The previous cliff looked more natural to me.

I agree with you.

Does it looks more natural because the rock are more attached to each other? I want make stylized cliff but not too simple like in zelda games..

Although the new boulders maybe don't seem to "support" the grass as much as in the old version at the top of the cliff.

Noticed this problem too but Im not sure how to fix it... Should I move the grass foliage little bit forward?