AuthorTopic: Next Commercial Critique (July) Suggestions  (Read 52797 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Next Commercial Critique (July) Suggestions

Reply #70 on: July 20, 2006, 06:24:58 pm
I'd love to take a closer look at Warcraft 2, personally. No, I'm NOT a blizzard fanboy. Maybe.

Warcraft is mainly cleaned up prerenders.

PHOTOSHOP!
FLASH!
ILLUSTRATOR!
BLUR TOOL!
BEZIER CURVE!

by your powers combined, i am captain DAYDREAM

Huh? where did that come from? That discussion's been over and done with for a long time, I suggest you don't dredge it up.

Offline Stab

• I'M WILLOWS!
    • View Profile

Reply #71 on: July 21, 2006, 06:30:53 am
Mm, something inside me told me it was a stupid suggestion. Ah well, I tried.

I'd say we get yoshi's island up and over with, then.

Offline Skulkraken

• View Profile

Reply #72 on: August 01, 2006, 08:45:01 am
How about something like Pokemon?  I'm not sure how easy or hard it would be to find usable screencaps of the series, but I'd like to see how the more experienced pixelers here handle things like tiling and animation when faced with constraints like those found on the Game Boy.

Basically, I'd like to see a game get critiqued that has servicable pixel art, but still has some room to improve.

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Reply #73 on: August 01, 2006, 09:16:44 am
YI looks like its it. 
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #74 on: August 01, 2006, 11:05:16 am
How about something like Pokemon?  I'm not sure how easy or hard it would be to find usable screencaps of the series, but I'd like to see how the more experienced pixelers here handle things like tiling and animation when faced with constraints like those found on the Game Boy.

Basically, I'd like to see a game get critiqued that has servicable pixel art, but still has some room to improve.
just on the subject of pokemon.. I hate gamefreak.. theyre lazy with animation, and I guess a lot of code goes into a pokemon game.. but shit, grid based movement on the GBA? and still no diagonal movement D:
i think gamefreak got used to the idea that the gameboy shaped pokemons style and it will be a long time till they do anything radically new in any aspect of the game
Life without knowledge is death in disguise