AuthorTopic: Searching for an artist for a unique Mobile Runner!  (Read 4029 times)

Offline Daranus

• View Profile

Searching for an artist for a unique Mobile Runner!

on: March 15, 2013, 04:05:41 pm
Hello good sirs,

thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I have an idea for a certain type of Endless Runner flying around in my head for some years now and the time has come that I try to pursue my dream to make this game a reality. My biggest inspiration for the game is a game called Canabalt.

My name is Florian, I'm 25 years old and I do the work in my free time and plan to release the game on Android for free. Everything else like a release on IOS and maybe even PC is totally in the clouds as I do not know how well the game will be in the end or when it will be finished. Right now I am in the prototyping stage and I try to make myself comfortable with the engine I use.

Because of personal circumstances my ability to work on the project can differ so a laid back artist with some degree of creativity would be my first choice.

The game will be completely built around the game mechanics so it will not be just another boring runner game with maybe awesome art in it but an interesting game plus maybe awesome pieces of art in it.

1. Company title and/or individual representing and offering employment.:None
          2. Project title.: Run or Die
          3. Description of company or project.: I think the above should describe it enough for now. More information are only shared with people interested!
          4. Talent/Position requirements.: Passion and the ability to satisfy my eyes!
          5. Payment.: None
          6. Contact information. : d4r4nus at gmail.com
          7. Whether the position is local only.: no

Thank you for your time and hope to hear from one or the other!
Daranus

Offline Daranus

• View Profile

Re: Searching for an artist for a unique Mobile Runner!

Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 12:33:17 pm
Good day fellow Pixel Artists!

As we made huge progress on this project throughout the last months let me update you on my projects status:

The development of the game continued quite well the last months. We now have many game mechanics in a properly working state and even some more neat stuff in there.
We have an awesome Pixel Artist on board as well who will take care of the character design and animation.

What we still miss is someone who can pixel the tiles (16x16) for the environments and the Parallax Backgrounds (We have a batch of prototyping tiles only on which can be expanded maybe). We already have a Dropbox setup with our ideas for environments and other stuff in it, we just need someone to actually pixel for us, the game and us are SO ready for it!

Please get in touch if you wanna be a part of us, you won't regret it!

Thank you for your time,
Daranus

Offline Meanapple

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 01:17:07 pm
Maybe I can help parttime :)

Offline Daranus

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 02:05:58 pm
Hi Meanapple, thanks for replying. I just took a look at your portfolio and I am afraid that your art style might not be compliant with what we aim for.

Here is an example of the tiles we currently use for prototyping. They lack most details and shall not represent the final quality we aim for:

Offline Meanapple

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 03:12:46 pm
alright, Im not that experienced   :(