AuthorTopic: Secret Santa 2012  (Read 67707 times)

Offline Facet

• View Profile

Re: Secret Santa 2012

Reply #20 on: December 24, 2012, 05:53:09 am
Riva's, ui's, and Metaru's gifts up & nagging PMs sent!

If anyone wants stuff putting up right now PM me but perhaps your partner also 'cos I need to get some sleep :blind:

Dr D, I'm not sure what you mean: the browser's default background is white so transparency=white there?

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: December 24, 2012, 06:13:16 am
Peach, both me and my brother laughed out loud upon seeing that glorious artwork.  :y: :lol:
Thanks so much. I'm making this my phone background and probably printing it. thank you :)

I'm glad you like it, Zizka. It was good to dust off my rusty pixeling chops.
Happy Christmas everyone! This is one of the most awesome things I do during winter solstice. Everyones gifts look incredible.

Offline MashPotato

• View Profile
    • Crabshack Gallery

Reply #22 on: December 24, 2012, 06:15:26 am
Cool pixels, everyone!  It looks like my gift is a little late, but I had fun ripping open everyone else's while I wait ;D

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Reply #23 on: December 24, 2012, 06:38:07 am
Tomic - your gift made me lol

Lots of fantastic stuff here guys @_____@ and Drazelic, the sword in the present wrapping ending up what it was upon viewing full really blew me away to open :o

Dem octopi...
Russian cat overlord reminds me of the goblin king from The Hobbit in a way, great scenery there too :D
Fun troupe of jesters, Pistachio!
Gingerbread will never be the same, Peach.
Wicked pattern work, Jeremy.
The backdrop sets a good stage, Dusty, what awaits the lone character wandering into what is CLEARLY a battle zone in the grass?
Interesting showdown, Carnivac. Now make the game!
adcrusher... yes? :o
Batty zelda scene, Batzy. I dig it.
Christmas at the ground zero bomb shelter lab, Riva? Eerie and beauteous at the same time.
Lots of grand scene renderings from a bunch of you as well.

Good output this year, santas!

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Reply #24 on: December 24, 2012, 08:49:51 am
Well, this is what it looks like for me. Anyone else?

It doesn't have a white background, there's just a white box being placed around it. But if I were to post the real image here on the forums for example, it looks fine.  ???

Not a huge deal but I'd like to know what is causing it for the future!

Offline Jeremy

• howdy
    • pixellerjeremy
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19218.htm
    • pixellerjeremy
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: December 24, 2012, 09:10:30 am
Well, this is what it looks like for me. Anyone else?

It doesn't have a white background, there's just a white box being placed around it. But if I were to post the real image here on the forums for example, it looks fine.  ???

Not a huge deal but I'd like to know what is causing it for the future!

ui's last, white on transparent, present has the same thing happening.

Offline Carnivac

• Mayhem Attack Squad
    • View Profile
    • Doctor Who - Retro Sprite Gallery

Reply #26 on: December 24, 2012, 09:11:31 am
Aw, thanks very much Lóng   :)  Three lovely gifts.  I can tell first one is Batman done in what seems to be CPC Mode 1 and second is Back to the Future in CPC Mode 0.  I'm not sure what machine the Marvel Vs Capcom picture is based on (Gameboy Color perhaps?) but I like that you picked that one (the first Marvel Vs Capcom is the only one in that series I enjoy playing and recently bought MvsC: Origins on PSN to play it and Marvel Super Heroes again).   All three look great and full of retro charm (especially loving the wide-pixel Doc & Marty).  They put a big smile on my face this morning.  ;D

Really great work from everyone.  These Secret Santa's are always full of some amazing and very appealing work.
NES, Amiga & Amstrad CPC inspired
I know nothing about pixel art
http://carnivac.tumblr.com/

Offline Gecimen

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: December 24, 2012, 09:18:58 am
Awww.. This is full of treasures and Drazelic's gift to me is one of the best <3 Thank you man  ;D

Offline Charlieton

• awkward dancer
    • View Profile

Reply #28 on: December 24, 2012, 09:27:01 am
wat, mutual secret santas! Anyway, thanks a ton, Batzy! ;D

Mine got a little rushed, as I did a pretty dramatic overhaul during the last two hours. Sorry! Hopefully there's nothing too obviously wrong with it. :-[

Merry Christmas, everybody!
Det skulle vara lätt för mig att säga att jag inte gillar dig, men det gör jag; tror jag

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #29 on: December 24, 2012, 10:01:37 am
Happy holidays everyone, and a huge thanks to Facet for his dedication and work at this year's event :)
Another big thank you to Zccc for this wonderful gift. I really like it!

I'm also absolutely in love with Kren's gift from Argyle. Mio-chan is just way too awesome :P

Really enjoyed all the gifts, thank you everyone for participating, and until next year!

To Lóng:
You asked to do something I haven't done yet. So there you have it. I always wanted to, but never did work with 4 colors only before. I was always amazed at what could be done with just 4 colors on the Game Boy, so I gave it a shot. I did, however, not follow any other hardware restrictions (besides resolution). I'm sorry it didn't turn out that well. I'm just not a pixel artist :-X
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 10:05:45 am by Crow »
Discord: Ennea#9999