AuthorTopic: Secret Santa Sign-Up 2012 - Finished!  (Read 86617 times)

Offline Raster

• View Profile

Re: Secret Santa 2012 - Sign Up Thread

Reply #50 on: November 20, 2012, 12:14:25 am
Count me in brah.

Likes: Soviet propaganda posters, Cold-War stuff, 80s action heroes, giant steampunk robots, film noir.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 07:25:57 pm by Raster »

Offline Metaru

• Latino
    • View Profile

Reply #51 on: November 20, 2012, 12:20:15 am
its been so long since i ever dare to post on pixelation. always wondered why I never tried to join the secret santas. though it seems i'm more interested in doing something for someone rather than for getting something.

I basically love scifi. giant, stylized space fighting robots are my thing(Gundams and Zakus, for example), but also i'm fond of Shoot 'em Ups, Arcades, action movies and all those things that make you feel alive. cool radical stuff in general is a-ok in my book.

Offline Kcilc

• View Profile

Reply #52 on: November 20, 2012, 03:25:42 am
I'm in!

I like pastel colors, swooshy hair, majestic skylines, spaceships, cool outfits, lady hips, sunsets, bright afternoons, acrobatics, the TV show Castle, also the Stargate series.

I dislike pineapple.

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Reply #53 on: November 20, 2012, 04:25:19 am
This is honestly my favorite thing about Christmas.

For some yuletide revelers,
presents and mistletoe are where they find their drive.
For me and my family,
we're driven to Pixelation, gleefully a-mashing F5.

I'm in!

Dear [SANTA AGENT NAME HERE]

I'd be honored to receive a pixel gift that is a reflection of what YOU like and would be something that you would take joy in creating. This is you taking your time to make a surprise for me, so I don't want my potential Santa to feel chained to creating something they dislike or is in some style or format that they will dread/not be able to give their all to. I just ask that you put the same care and effort into it as a piece you strongly wanted to do for your own personal growth and expression.

Note, the list that follows is all over the place, I know. I just want these things to serve as separate ideas or themes to consider exploring for any potentially indecisive Santa. Generic 'I will love whatever I get' speach aside, here are some things I like to serve as a little inspiration:

• Animation, animation, animation! Characters in particular.
  • Dinosaurs
  • I love and appreciate things that are beautifully designed and quality art that are, at the same time, funny.
  • Curvy womens (Grossly skinny supermodel-proportioned girls are just off-putting to me.)
    • Most any females featured in Big Brother's drawings meet the posterior proportional standards of curvines that I'm getting at.
  • Skateboarding
  • I am always taken in by good background art. Environments are one of my weaker points as an artist, so I'll stare in wonderment at a well-rendered scene for hours.
    • Specifically inspired and appreciative of the pixel pushing BG styles of Vierbit, DarkFalzX, Henk Nieborg, and goddamn... I spent hours running around in Aliens Infestation DS just ogling the gorgeous backgrounds Helm, Ptoing, and Vedsten filled that game up with.
  • Metalocalypse
  • Game of Thrones
  • Things so ridiculous that their hilarity ascends into awesomeness.
    • To illustrate what I mean, I have shirts and computer backgrounds on rotation of things like an amazon spear-holding babe bursting out of a wave riding on a chrome robotic shark, or a T-Rex using a computer with 3D glasses. Artists in the 80s had a real knack for generating art that tried far too hard to look totally rad, and it makes me laugh.
  • Comic Book art
  • Every person in the world has mentioned robots, steampunk, and kick ass sci-fi stuff. But it's cool and I can't say I don't like that stuff too!

Dislikes:
  • Ketchup
  • Mustard
  • Pickles
  • Generally, I dislike anime unless it serves a style purpose or is parodying it.

Whatever you make, if it's something you are proud of having made, it will forever be our anonymous secret santa love child that will live on immortally in every harddrive I'll own for the rest of my life. No pressure.[/list]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 05:29:27 am by Argyle »

Offline a3um

• View Profile

Reply #54 on: November 20, 2012, 04:48:07 am
w00t, I'm in  ::)

- massive destruction, ruins, dungeons
- big and hairy spiders, spider web
- vikings, barbarians

Offline numlock

• View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #55 on: November 20, 2012, 05:10:57 am
I like to participate aswell

What I like

I like cartoony/cute things and high fantasy including spaceships&stuff(not just medieval fantasy), I like landscape/stars aswell, doesn't have to be animated or still picture so do whatever you would like, also females in panties.

What I don't like

I don't really hate things except mosquitos but I don't like ugly designs, like I said I like cartoony&cute things, I think even the most horrifying thing should look somehow appealing, I don't really hate generic designs but if I need to give a name I don't like unappealing and generic looking characters like sweet tooth, I'm sorry if you are a sweet tooth fan.

edit because "provide some information on things you like/dislike to help the person who will be making your gift"
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 06:16:36 pm by numlock »

Offline Photocopier

• View Profile

Reply #56 on: November 20, 2012, 11:04:17 pm
I'm in.

Giant robots
Cyberpunk stuff
Cowboys

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Reply #57 on: November 21, 2012, 03:06:01 am
Count me in, gonna try not to screw up this year.

I like beautiful scenery, steampunk scenes, all kinds of video games (esp. League of Legends atm), and anything reeking of badassery.

And I like love RPG mockups.

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #58 on: November 21, 2012, 04:08:30 am
HUMBUG! Don't forget the lurkers!

Likes: 90's Rareware, old school animation, explosions, Sci-fi/horror, deep sea (Bioshock), space (Alien), zombie apocalypse (Walking Dead), cosmonauts, robots/androids/mechas, dogs, good stage-style lighting, rimlighting

Dislikes: stiff poses, anime eyes, blandness, iso-projects
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 04:16:12 am by pistachio »

Offline Kren

• View Profile

Reply #59 on: November 21, 2012, 04:25:57 am
I'm in!

I study Mechatronics so robot stuff and gears are cool, I'm also into anime so any anime related is cool, evangelion, HunterxHunter, Fairy tail, Nichijou <- mostly this anime style is what I love..