AuthorTopic: Secret Santa Sign-Up 2012 - Finished!  (Read 86616 times)

Offline Jeremy

• howdy
    • pixellerjeremy
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19218.htm
    • pixellerjeremy
    • View Profile

Re: Secret Santa 2012 - Sign Up Thread

Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 01:08:37 pm
Awww yus (I am in)

Here is a list to pick and choose from!

Cats
Palettes which may or may not be easy to work with (c64, ms paint, go wild)
Colours
SciFi
Fantasy
Western
Science Fiction/Fantasy
Dinosaurs
Dad Rock
Folk music
Post Apocalyptica
Mythology
Cute Stuff
Robots
Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Batman
Abraham Lincoln
Space
Surrealism, especially Dalí
Sea and its associated glowy things
Propaganda Art (blocky Soviet stuff)
Don't mind if it's Christmassy
But most of all creativity :)

No me gusta:
Animes
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 09:17:01 am by Jeremy »

Offline Carnivac

• Mayhem Attack Squad
    • View Profile
    • Doctor Who - Retro Sprite Gallery

Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 01:38:14 pm
I'm not particularly active here but seeing as I haven't done a secret santa since 2009 and I would actually like to receive sooomething this very-likely-to-be-yet-another-non-christmas I'll sign up.

The old machines Amstrad CPC, Amiga and NES
various PlayStation game series (Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, inFamous, God of War, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper and the like)
Doctor Who (mainly 3rd, 5th, 11th Doctor eras)
Karen Gillan
Firefly (and Serenity of course)
Transformers (just the movie designs and the old Marvel UK comic stories)
Musicians such as Johnny Cash, Bruce Springsteen, Kate Bush, Queen (when Freddie was still alive)
ThunderCats (original 80's version)
Sting (the facepainted WCW/TNA wrestler, not the musician nor the pointy butt of a bee/wasp)
Many 80's movies (RoboCop, The Terminator, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, most Arnold Schwarzenegger movies of that time and such)
Street Fighter II/IV/Alpha3
Batman (especially Nolan/Bale movies)
Superman (especially Christopher Reeve)
Double Dragon Neon (oh, the amount of times I've sung along to Skullmageddon's end song)
Turrican II on Amiga
The Warriors (game and movie)
The Bixby/Ferrigno Incredible Hulk tv series
The Simpsons
DC Animated Universe shows
Classic westerns (Once Upon a Time in the West, also almost anything starring John Wayne or directed by John Ford)
Theatre

Dislikes: Post-SNES Nintendo, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mortal Kombat, majority of FPSs, RPGs, japanese character design (specifically the fashion disaster type with ridiculous hair and clothes totally unsuitable for the many battles they have), overused palettes that aren't related to the actual limited palettes of a real computer or console, chart music, Cave Story style sprites, pretentious 'arty' games, WWE, movies starring Adam Sandler, Jack Black or Will Ferrell, Family Guy, The Big Bang Theory, Transformers Animated, low poly 3D, drab palettes

yes i'm a bit picky...    Anyways I put a lot of stuff there cos the last time I did it I had to a piece for someone I had absolutely no idea what any of their interests actually meant (quite arty intellectual stuff I think) and I ended up doing a generic christmassy image which I think they liked but I was disappointed in myself that I couldn't do something more tailor-made for their tastes so hopefully the person who has to do one for me has got loads to pick from up there.

I shush now.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 09:39:05 pm by Carnivac »
NES, Amiga & Amstrad CPC inspired
I know nothing about pixel art
http://carnivac.tumblr.com/

Offline Mr. Fahrenheit

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 01:56:56 pm
I suppose I will sign up.

I like picture wars, propaganda, nature, Salvador Dali, horrific monsters chillin' with little girls, video games, rustic outdoors, mountains, knives, dogs, wilderness survival, rocks, guns, explosions, and things like tanks and mechs.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 09:29:28 pm by Mr. Fahrenheit »

Offline Charlieton

• awkward dancer
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: November 18, 2012, 02:17:12 pm
I recall that we got a quick little PM-notification by mail for last years Secret Santa. You're not sending one out this year? It's good for reminding members who are not necessarily active on the forums around this time, but would still like to partake in this particular activity. It worked out okay last time, right?
Det skulle vara lätt för mig att säga att jag inte gillar dig, men det gör jag; tror jag

Offline Facet

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: November 18, 2012, 03:51:14 pm
Yeah, I think the PM invites are a good idea but didn't want to delay sign-ups any more, working on a banner and stuff now too :)

Offline hapiel

• PJ mod
    • hapiel
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9092.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 04:32:44 pm
PM invite GOT!

So yeah, I am in. I like circus (especially juggling), ukulele playing and my favorite color yellow. Have fun with those!

Also, I realized that the Secret Santa threads tell the story of my life, every year I sum up my interests here on Pixelation!

EDIT:
Oh, also for those that only log in like once every year: I used to go by the handle lollige
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 05:56:53 pm by hapiel »

Offline Peach

• Compile Me!
    • View Profile
    • The Peach Portfolio.

Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 05:27:44 pm
PM invite++.

It's been a while I'm not doing much PA, so I'm definitely participating!

Hard to say what I like... let's see if I can put down a short list:

Strange and weird things, the moon, insects, animals, robots, computers and games, ancient mythology, ancient iconographic art (south American and in particular Atzec, Greek, Babylonian, Egyptian, Chinese and Japanese), modern art (cubism, futurism and street art), art as a basic form of expression of oneself (as could be music, painting/drawing, etc.), physic and math, love and living, drawings and in particular portraits, water and underwater creatures.

looking forward it :)
"It's all fun and games, until someone loses an eye". - mom

Offline GetYourGoat

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 05:43:27 pm
I'd be happy to join in :) I'm more active on other forums, (as you can probably tell by my post count) but something like this might be fun!

I like cats, crows, videogames (minecraft, gw2, retro stuff), techie stuff, cute things, robots, music, post apocalyptic, and whatever else you think a web dev girl in her late teens would like. I would prefer if it didn't have a christmas theme to it  :D

Offline Basketcase

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 05:49:40 pm
Hell yeah I'm in. Time for my annual pixel piece!

I like the things I said I liked last year. Also: the sea, the sky, pirates, treasure, ruins, sex and violence.
To do: ??? Cow made my lovely avatar.

Offline beetlebear

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: November 18, 2012, 05:51:18 pm
Hello there,

The names Beetlebear and I work on video games! I'm the main artist for a game called Star Made right now.

I love star wars, space stuff, machines and abstract art.

I'm especially fond of low color counts and animations that give a lot of impact in only a few frames.

So 'count me in'.

I've been pixeling for just around 20 years now so feel free to pair me up with just about anyone.

Lots of love <3

bB