AuthorTopic: Feature 09 - Autumn Tileset WIP - Forest tileset  (Read 134508 times)

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Re: Autumn Tileset WIP - Struggling with Rock texture

Reply #140 on: November 10, 2012, 10:02:43 am
Haha, it seems like you're going through a lot of struggle with this ;D Which is perfectly fine, in my opinion. Take your time!

I, personally, don't exactly like your newer colors either, but that might just be me. The cliff, though.. well, right now, it's just looking like an array of some higher rocks standing next to each other. I think the problem with this are the big differences in height at the top of it, and the way the top looks.
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Reply #141 on: November 10, 2012, 10:24:05 am
Haha, it seems like you're going through a lot of struggle with this ;D Which is perfectly fine, in my opinion. Take your time!

:) This is my first time when im trying to make cliff and i really like practise to understand it. It takes a lot of time because i have a small brain.

I, personally, don't exactly like your newer colors either, but that might just be me.

Yeah i dont like them either..  It does not look like a autumn.. More like a african savanna with autumn trees  :lol:

The cliff, though.. well, right now, it's just looking like an array of some higher rocks standing next to each other. I think the problem with this are the big differences in height at the top of it, and the way the top looks.

It does not seem yet like a cliff  because it does not have top part like you said . It  needs more rock to make it more higher and grass foliage in top to covers it. Now its looks like a small rock wall.

But i really think this cliff is a lot better than my previous ones because i made before too small rock for my cliff and i tought it needed more higher rocks.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 02:38:18 pm by Beetleking22 »

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #142 on: November 12, 2012, 04:23:57 pm
New update:.. Does it look now like a cliff?
It works for me. The only thing that looks odd in my eyes is the rock/grass transition at the top, where you have colors very close to each other, and surprisingly low contrast for such a important gameplay boundary.

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Reply #143 on: November 12, 2012, 04:30:47 pm
New update:.. Does it look now like a cliff?
It works for me. The only thing that looks odd in my eyes is the rock/grass transition at the top, where you have colors very close to each other, and surprisingly low contrast for such a important gameplay boundary.

Yeah I agree.. I think I can fix this problem with Grass foliage.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 10:37:13 pm by Beetleking22 »

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Re: Autumn Tileset WIP - Perspective issue

Reply #144 on: November 20, 2012, 01:25:48 pm
Im still working on my cliff and I have little problem here.. I started to work with side cliff and I think I have a  perspective issue. I compared my side cliff with other games side cliff and the result was that my cliff angle was little bit different than others.. I'm not sure if thats big problem but i need to know if im doing something wrong.

My side cliff looks now like a  cave because its still Wip.

I also find it difficult to choose my grass color because they look both fine..  Can someone say which of these is better?

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 02:05:29 pm by Beetleking22 »

Offline danilo

• View Profile

Re: Autumn Tileset WIP - Perspective issue

Reply #145 on: November 23, 2012, 06:46:37 pm

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Re: Autumn Tileset WIP -

Reply #146 on: December 02, 2012, 01:08:54 pm
Yeah im little bit of crazy.. I started to make another cliff again and also I changed a lot of colors..  Imo it does not look like pile of rock anymore.. What you guys think?

« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 01:17:25 pm by Beetleking22 »

Offline dylan

• View Profile

Re: Autumn Tileset WIP - New cliff

Reply #147 on: December 03, 2012, 02:50:28 am
Dunno, I like the old cliffs but with the new colors.  ;D

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Reply #148 on: December 03, 2012, 04:38:53 am
Dunno, I like the old cliffs but with the new colors.  ;D

Can you tell me why you like it more? The new one is not even done yet. Old cliff looks repetitive.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 05:01:57 am by Beetleking22 »

Offline TheMonsterAtlas

• View Profile

Reply #149 on: December 03, 2012, 09:25:25 am
The colors seem a lot more natural in the newer one (not as pink) Honestly the old ones don't look that repetitive. You can also do another set of mountains that will fit with the others as well to even further break repetitiv....ity....