AuthorTopic: [PAID] sprites, tilesets, fantasy strategy game  (Read 3791 times)

Offline JerethKnight

• View Profile

[PAID] sprites, tilesets, fantasy strategy game

on: June 24, 2012, 01:18:48 pm

Hello Everyone,

My name is Aaron Ethridge, and I am lead programmer for an indie game project tentatively called “Empires of Sorcery.” It's sort-of a spiritual successor to Master of Magic, for those of you who are familiar with that game. The project is well underway, and we are probably a week or two away from a working alpha. We plan to completely outsource our artwork as our own artistic skills are negligible.

I'm not sure how people normally go about requesting work, but we will need a great deal done. Here's the basic list:

Splash screen

GUI interfaces

Square tile set for world map

Isometric tile set for battle map

Sprites for combat units (probably ten different sprites or so for each race, plus hero sprites)

There will be more than that in long run, but that should give you an idea of the size of the project. The idea is to get enough artwork finished to complete a working beta with one playable race, then put together a website about the project and start a kickstarter project to fund it. We have a starting budget to get the artwork we need for the beta finished and paid for. If we are able to raise the money we need we'll have the rest of the artwork completed and release the complete game.

This is not our first project, although it is our first game. I am not only the lead programmer for this project, but also the president of Console Classix. For those of you who aren't familiar with the company, it is a classic gaming site that has been in business over ten years. The point is that we understand business and how to finish projects we start.

We are only interested in artists with a certain amount of ability and enough time to take on the full project should we get the funding we're looking for.

In addition to payment for services rendered, any artist that works on the project will, of course, be mentioned in the game's credits.

Those who are seriously interested please send an e-mail to webmaster@consoleclassix.com with some sample artwork. Thank you all for your time.

Offline Meanapple

• View Profile

Re: [PAID] sprites, tilesets, fantasy strategy game

Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 04:33:24 pm
whats the size of the sprites?