AuthorTopic: CaptainCow n MonkeyMate  (Read 5435 times)

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

CaptainCow n MonkeyMate

on: August 19, 2005, 04:33:36 am
well, heres my newest.
My friend told me to draw a monkey and a cow. This is how it came out.

In case of confusion.... hes got a pegleg and chewin on grass. Monkey has a spyglass.

heh tried using red as an outline colour... duno how it works though.

Please let me know what you think
Thanks in advance

Offline NyanNyanKoneko

• View Profile
    • Playing With Yarn

Re: CaptainCow n MonkeyMate

Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 04:45:30 am
I love your mind, and your coloring.  =)

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 06:16:38 am
Heh, I wonder what got your friend thinking of monkeys and cows...

I think that this is a very original idea. Not much cows are pirates, and not much monkeys have cows for friends.

I don't think that the red outlines are that bad actually, I didn't even notice them untill I read that you used it. I think it goes good with the quirky-ness of this picture. The shading and highlights are superb, and the color choice works for the characters. There is a few things you could work on though. The first thing that stood out was the outline on the cows right shoulder (our left). I don't think it fits in well with the roundness of the cow, and it just feels messy compared to the rest of the picture. I think you could make it look a bit more uniform and clean.  Another thing that looks a bit wrong is the symbol on the cow's hat. I think it fills up too much of the hat, and is at sort-of the wrong angle. Maybe if you just fit the symbol into the non shaded part it would help. And one final thing I noticed, or didn't notice, until I zoomed in that is, is the anchors in the background; they match too much with the other bg color, and don't stand out enough.

Phew. Other than that stuff, I think this is an excelent piece, and could be worthy of its own cartoon show. Great work, and keep pixeling!
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 05:52:43 am
Thar thar...

here we is:

Touched up his shoulder, Redid his logo on his hat, and slightly darkened the anchors in the background.
I even slightly touched up his pegleg fer fun.
I kept the background anchors still similar to the background colour so it wouldnt draw away too much from the picture.

thanks for the comments!! mean lots to me. Im glad you like the colours because they were tricky for me to pick and all match.

...--> I might just animate him:P but probably not pixeled. thanks for the idea.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 06:02:35 am
Awesome. This is much better now. The shoulder is perfect, the logo is perfect, the background, everything. I personally think that this piece could be considered done. Very great work. I really hope to see this animated.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline CrematedPumpkin

• Lord of the Fjord
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 20, 2005, 11:07:19 pm
Nice one flaber, I love the monkey. I like the cow too, but the monkey is awesome
I.....am......me............