AuthorTopic: Tzigla Rocks!!!  (Read 130721 times)

Offline Commander Gizmo

• View Profile

Re: Tzigla Rocks!!!

Reply #110 on: January 25, 2011, 09:46:51 pm
Two more interface suggestions for you.
  • Create a toggle button to hide the side bar with the event stream.  This allows a much more epic view of the actual board when desired, and helps when on non standard resolutions (like my tablet/phone).  You might also make he width sizable using the mouse. (Hello jQuery!)
  • Create a slide out selector list of the boards when viewing a board.  It would probably work best with smaller thumbnails and the text names or maybe just the text names.  If a person is interested in several boards, it might be nice to switch back and forth, or check for progress quickly once the thumbnails are automated.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #111 on: January 26, 2011, 04:49:21 am
  • Create a slide out selector list of the boards when viewing a board. . .

Yayuh. Just a simple drop-down box with collab names would be a great usability improvement.

(check that list tag formatting!)

Offline evilchelu

• View Profile
    • github profile

Reply #112 on: January 26, 2011, 04:31:31 pm
Two more interface suggestions for you.
  • Create a toggle button to hide the side bar with the event stream.  This allows a much more epic view of the actual board when desired, and helps when on non standard resolutions (like my tablet/phone).  You might also make he width sizable using the mouse. (Hello jQuery!)
  • Create a slide out selector list of the boards when viewing a board.  It would probably work best with smaller thumbnails and the text names or maybe just the text names.  If a person is interested in several boards, it might be nice to switch back and forth, or check for progress quickly once the thumbnails are automated.

<3 gizmo

re: toggle-able sidebar: Might do that, but probably just for the complete boards. We actually had a version a few weeks ago with this type of sidebar and it kinda sucked.

re: mobile version: We had to break the mobile version to get the new sidebar in place, but we'll fix it soon. It might be that on mobile stuffs you'll just be able to see either the sidebar or the content, but not both since they most likely won't fit properly.

re: slide out selector of boards: Definitely! I want that too.

We're currently working on the homepage (which truly sucks, btw) and it's tough since we're not really designers :)

ps: what's up with the pixelation board? It makes me really sad that people seem to have given up on it. As I said earlier, it would really suck for all the people that worked on it already to have it die off :'(
http://tzigla.com/ - collabs & exquisite corpses, y'all

Offline Commander Gizmo

• View Profile

Reply #113 on: January 26, 2011, 06:26:10 pm
A few more suggestions, because it's easier than actually implementing them:

Homepage
  • Beef It Up
    The interface seems too minimal.  It almost feels like the site is empty or being swallowed by the void.  Perhaps the following suggestions will help?
  • Categories
    The boards could be sorted by categories, such as Skill Required, Pixel/Painting/Theme, Progress (percent completed), etc.
  • Board Description Wrapping Text
    If the text over the thumbnails wrapped around the status text things would look much more fluid and much of the wasted 'void' space in the layout would seem to disappear.
  • Color!
    I like dark base colors on a site as much as the next guy (more probably), but Tzigla's home page could do with a splash of color.  Not so much that it detracts from the board thumbnails though.  It needs to say, "Come on in and join the fun!"  I'm guessing some brighter elements would make it feel more active and vibrant.
  • A Drop of Community
    A listing of the most recently added users or a stream of the most recent events (+comments?) would add a lot of community feel to the homepage while also making it feel active and busy.  A global chat box would probably be too much, but maybe it's worth consideration.

Boards
  • Grab'n'Pan
    I would love to see a way to grab the board and drag it like you can in PS.  Those scroll bars are pretty annoying.
  • Pop Out View
    It would be cool to have a button that triggered a 'pop out view', shrinking or expanding the board to the largest possible size that will fit in the browser window without cropping any of the board.  This would be a great way to view the over all board and take in the entire masterpiece.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: Tzigla Rocks!!! (so do hex collabs)

Reply #114 on: January 26, 2011, 10:22:54 pm
To anyone who might be interested.

I love Tzigla, it is a cool system and evilchelu and dira have put an assload of work into it. Now the question I am having is why is no one participating in the pixel collab one? Because it is not Hex? Why? let us know. It does not help the people involved staying motivated when no one uses their stuff?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 10:35:50 pm by ptoing »
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Batzy

• Huzzah....
    • View Profile
    • GameBros

Reply #115 on: January 27, 2011, 01:54:32 am
I really like this project and how much you have worked for it please continue doing so  :) also Mathias dammit with those looong crits/ideas sometimes even i'm too lazy to read them.

I don't really know why other people including me doesn't use tzigla and that is really a shame  :mean: but i know that it would really help if you would spread out some word about tzigla i dunno if there is any topic at pixeljoint but that's a nice place to start  :) also before you ask why i don't use tzigla? i'm going to make one or two tiles soon to tzigla i hope :) i've been watching the progress till now :)

I don't have any crits/suggestions now how to make tzigla better but i do have a tiny suggestion for pixelation i think it would be really great if there would be a link to tzigla similar to that donate link cause i would really like quickly get to tzigla watch the daily progress and not always try finding a link to tzigla from my bookmarks or from this topic etc.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 01:57:59 am by Batlorder »

Offline BrandonD

• View Profile

Re: Tzigla Rocks!!! (so do hex collabs)

Reply #116 on: January 27, 2011, 06:11:16 am
To anyone who might be interested.

I love Tzigla, it is a cool system and evilchelu and dira have put an assload of work into it. Now the question I am having is why is no one participating in the pixel collab one? Because it is not Hex? Why? let us know. It does not help the people involved staying motivated when no one uses their stuff?

I love Tzigla also, this is the first collab that's ever motivated me to get off my butt and contribute - I'd contribute more tiles but I'm working on a contract project currently... and also since this is my first collab effort I don't wanna be annoying and make a ton of tiles.

But I really do hope that this collab gets finished, I'm very excited to see the final product!

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #117 on: January 29, 2011, 01:17:12 am
How is Tzigle being exposed? How can we boost awareness?

Offline Commander Gizmo

• View Profile

Reply #118 on: January 29, 2011, 05:59:07 am
Somebody make a youtube video of quack quack coming together and write a blog post or 3 about it quick!  That should stir up some attention.  I would, except that I don't have a blog and I'm up to my chin in travel plans.

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #119 on: January 29, 2011, 06:50:29 am
I think the reason I and possibly other people aren't as interested in this collab is because it's so disconnected from the forum. I mean there wasn't a whole lot of communication in the other threads but I could see it progressing on the forum which I'm already visiting every day and there's a sort of drive to reserve a tile when you can see them being taken. The only way I can see this being the same for Tzigla is if I had bookmarked it and were visiting it regularly but I'm not so interested in the collab that I would do that. The other thing I was thinking was that this is the Tzigla thread not the pixelation tile collab thread, so I come in here expecting talk about Tzigla rather than the collab, which again isn't particularly interesting to me so I don't read the thread, and without having the collab on my mind I probably won't be itching to participate.

I can't really say how to solve this but by taking out the human/community element the whole thing just seems less interesting.

Edit: Maybe a postbot or something which could post the comment box activity in the forum. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 07:42:42 am by 32 »