AuthorTopic: [WIP] Sunblazer - Sprites and Light Devlog  (Read 9409 times)

Offline Olothontor

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Sunblazer - Sprites and Light Devlog

Reply #20 on: April 17, 2010, 02:47:21 pm
Alright, I've reached a point at which I'm spriting things that I can't show due to spoilers about how the demo level works, so sprite updates will be VERY sparse until sirro and I get the demo released.

After that point, however, there will be more backgrounds and other things to work on, so posts will pick back up again.

I will also definitely post a copy of the demo here for the download and enjoyment of the good Pixelation people. It won't be stellar, but it'll be progress.

Edit: Alright, I've taken out any 'spoiler sprites' to show my progress on the actual interface itself.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 06:43:06 pm by Olothontor »
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa

Offline xhunterko

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: April 17, 2010, 06:59:50 pm
Who cares about showing "spoilers" if you want critique on the entire game itself?

So far, I have seen tiles, a boss, player ship, lasers, explosions, power ups, hud, cash, an enemy, and not much else.

To me, a spoiler is telling something that happens during the game. As in something to do with the story or what have you.

As critique artists we need to see as much stuff as possible. Unless you don't want any critique on what you don't want to show us.

As for me, I got nothing. Nice boss design by the way. Reminds me a little of homeworld.

Although, now that I'm thinking about it. You may want to resize your enemy ships. They look a little out of place and too clustered in compared to the powerful looking player ship. Now that I'm at it, might want to resize the player missles as well. I could barely tell that they were there until I zoomed in. And one more thing. Your tiles, I think, could benifit from a more speration between the shades. Instead of using a 10 point change, use a 15 or 20 shade difference.

Offline Olothontor

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: April 17, 2010, 07:03:05 pm
I'll look into all of that.

And the 'spoilers' don't involve story so much, but they do reveal how one goes about beating the boss and other things, something that shouldn't be discovered until you're actually in-game.

Perhaps that just my opinion on it. And in any case, I feel the sprites you aren't seeing are decent enough, and I will post them for critique after the demo is released.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa